Quick turn over beer!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stalewater

Reaction score
So i have read on here before about quick turn over beers, Whats your favorite quick beer, I just brewed a hefe and from grain to glass was about two and a half weeks DELIC. would like some recipes GO...

Lawnmower beer ..
3 lbs ex light dme
1 lb rice solid
1 oz crystal 60
1 pz crystal 30 min

Grain to glass 10 days

BMC drinkers love it.

Ordinary bitter:5.5lbs maris otter, 1/2 lb english light crystal, 1/4 lb special roast. Mash 152F, 1oz fuggles @60, 1/2 oz fuggles @20 and @0. ferment with S-04 around 66F-68F. I can brew this on a Monday and drink it Saturday morning.

SMaSH beers are quick turnarounds, not a lot of different flavors to meld.

I made EdWort's Hefe grain to glass in 12 days (10 Days in Fermentor; 2 Cooling and Carbing).

I have a basic Pils recipe that I call "10 'n 6 Pils". Ten days from primary to keg and six hours to carbonate: 10 'n 6.

It's off the top of my head but usually 8.5-9 lbs of Pilsner malt, 1oz of Hallertau @FWH, @15, @0. US-05 yeast and you're good to go. Sub anything in there you like: Cascade makes a nice light APA, 2-row works, a light touch of Citra is really nice.

A pale Ale using Ringwood, Brew, Ferment, Keg, Carb, Glass in six days. Brew Pubs like the yeast for it quickness.

I had a 1.037 OG bitter grain to glass in 6 days, and it was excellent. WLP007 works fast and drops out! Well, technically i had a glass of it after 4 days, but it was excellent after 6 days.

4 day fermentation and keg it.

Witbiers in the 40's, grain to glass in 11-12 days.

Well thats the next beer on my list already have the grains for it, then im doing a bitter, I want some beer ready for an end of summer bash, should of planned ahead a little bit but it was a last minute thing. Thanks and keep them coming!!:ban:

In the last month I did a cherry wheat and a Spotted Cow clone, both served at parties in less than eight days.

i do a cream ale that is ready in 4 weeks. 2 weeks fermenting and 2 weeks in the bottle. more time doesn't really improve the beer, it's good young

S ma s h 100%wheat og 1040 40ibu with
sorachi ace, wb06.
Ferment 8 days,bottle 3 days. Grain to gullet 11 days.

Well thats the next beer on my list already have the grains for it, then im doing a bitter, I want some beer ready for an end of summer bash, should of planned ahead a little bit but it was a last minute thing. Thanks and keep them coming!!:ban:

I should note, this is for kegging. I ferment about 10 days and then burst carb and start drinking around day 11 or 12.

Just remember the beer will never be as good when its rushed. I would never serve anything in less than 2 weeks. If I was that rushed I would just say I don't have anything ready and leave it at that.

onthekeg said:
Just remember the beer will never be as good when its rushed. I would never serve anything in less than 2 weeks. If I was that rushed I would just say I don't have anything ready and leave it at that.

Every wit beer I've brewed was fantastic inside of two Weeks

Low gravity beers are killer for getting something in the pipeline without killing a ton of time. Milds, cream ales, apa.'s, even low gravity ipa's, are perfect for quick turnaround beers that get SOMETHING into the bucket. Theres no reaason a mild or a cream ale shouldn't go from grain to glass in 2 weeks or less. Given the right parameters, we should be drinking a beer 2 weeks after brewing

I agree on 85% of my beers, but i have good luck with wheat beers and low gravity beers, drinking within a few weeks of brewing, I just wanted some other receipes to see what everyone else is doing!! I don't like to serve green beer I can usually tell wether it needs more time or not!!

stalewater said:
I agree on 85% of my beers, but i have good luck with wheat beers and low gravity beers, drinking within a few weeks of brewing, I just wanted some other receipes to see what everyone else is doing!! I don't like to serve green beer I can usually tell wether it needs more time or not!!

Yep. Wits and IPA are good early. Wits especially

Belgian Wit - since the yeast is happy up to 75 degrees or so you can really get it rolling. I'm usually about 4 days to FG, then a couple more days in the ferm to finish up, keg and pressure - good drink in less than 10.

I like to drink it fast enough that it doesn't fall clear in the keezer.

I tend to not let anything be served for at least a month....3 week primary, then 1 week keg....

But I did just brew a Dunkelweizen on Saturday, I was 1.044....I will see what FG is after 10 days....

This whole "beer that's rushed" thing is only a half-truth.

If you're literally rushing a beer that's got a complex grain bill, relatively high OG, low yeast pitch rate, and uncontrolled or erratic ferm temps...yes, don't rush that beer.

If you are doing everything right, a pale ale, IPA, or wit can be fantastic after a week or 10 days in primary. I know because I drink mine this "young" and have no off flavors, great aromas, great beer.

My last AG pale went from ~1.065 to 1.010 in about 4 days and tasted fine within 10 even though I waited longer. Next time I plan on doing it grain to glass in 2 weeks.

Any <1.050 beer with WLP002 or 007 can be ready to drink out of a keg within 10-14 days easily. Healthy pitch with oxygen and you are at FG by day 3. One more day to clean up and you are ready to rack.

Any <1.050 beer with WLP002 or 007 can be ready to drink out of a keg within 10-14 days easily. Healthy pitch with oxygen and you are at FG by day 3. One more day to clean up and you are ready to rack.

I typically go 7-9 days in primary and burst-carb for 2 in keg, then drink.

I have a T-can and Bearcat Witin beat down in the fermenter as we speak. I'm ready to bottle this week. It fermented fast and dropped out in no time.

About to do a Apollo Vienna smash and see if i can get it going in under a month. Will post back with the results. I did a northern english brown and it was awesome at three weeks, simple grain bill + low hopping + london esb yeast = fast beer!!

I know that chico and WLP400 are both big-time chewers, too. Pitch healthy starters and control all factors as much as humanly possible and you can have great beers much earlier. Another thing: taste your beer! You'll know if it needs more time. I would chill the sample first, though. Take the hydrometer sample, for instance, and cool it down even more (from 60 down to 40), then try it. The beer will tell you when it's ready.

I had WLP400 take a 1.064 beer down to 1.004 in 4 days.

Where im at I cant get whitelabs, unlees i order online and have it shipped wich ive never had good luck with that so idk.

Where im at I cant get whitelabs, unlees i order online and have it shipped wich ive never had good luck with that so idk.

The two big liquid yeast companies are VERY similar...I wouldn't worry. And dry yeast is great, too. Don't let anyone tell you that Nottingham or Safale are second-class yeasts.

The two big liquid yeast companies are VERY similar...I wouldn't worry. And dry yeast is great, too. Don't let anyone tell you that Nottingham or Safale are second-class yeasts.

yeah, fresh dry yeasts are actually pretty impressive in their sugar eating speed. The cell count is so high that they can really get rolling quickly.

And yes, I've had WLP400 just race through my beers in the past. The move through much of the sugar in just a couple of days.

I used some pacman that i washed on a double dead guy clone and that stuff was done in 4 days, it also dropped out like a rock!!

I have a basic Pils recipe that I call "10 'n 6 Pils". Ten days from primary to keg and six hours to carbonate: 10 'n 6.

It's off the top of my head but usually 8.5-9 lbs of Pilsner malt, 1oz of Hallertau @FWH, @15, @0. US-05 yeast and you're good to go. Sub anything in there you like: Cascade makes a nice light APA, 2-row works, a light touch of Citra is really nice.

i read this and thought super bowl can you please list the reciepeand steps in detail. thanks:mug:r

Back