Craigslist find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I lived in the area I would buy, keep what I wanted, and sell the rest on e-bay. Might be able to make back $400, maybe.

tbulger said:
This seems like quite the deal
http://providence.craigslist.org/for/304315144.html

I thought i throw it out there, too much for me although i think i ahave spent close to that so far and have far far less.
Nah, wait until you've been at it for YEARS!!! BTW, you're going to wish you got that stuff someday...you know you will...;)

Group buy - any other MA-holes or new englanders want to go in on this? I'd be up for about 4 carboys, and possibly a 15 gal keg...

I contacted the seller. we are trying to work out a deal. If I buy this I will be selling some, maybe most of it off. minus the chiller, a couple of carboys, and maybe a kettle or two if they are nicer than my keggles but I don't really want to go bigger right now. I'm trying to get my cost as close to free as possible!

krispy d said:
I contacted the seller. we are trying to work out a deal. If I buy this I will be selling some, maybe most of it off. minus the chiller, a couple of carboys, and maybe a kettle or two if they are nicer than my keggles but I don't really want to go bigger right now. I'm trying to get my cost as close to free as possible!
Nice! PM me when it's a done deal - I'd be interested in catching you before you haul the stuff back to CT - probably 4 carboys and a keg for kegglizing if the deal is fair.

LouT said:
Nice! PM me when it's a done deal - I'd be interested in catching you before you haul the stuff back to CT - probably 4 carboys and a keg for kegglizing if the deal is fair.

will do! :mug:

That's an awesome deal, I'd love to be in on either a brew kettle or a keg or two, but since I've been dropping too much coin on kegging gear... I'll have to pass. :(

Let me know what you are doing with the 25 gallon pots, if they are in good condition I will take all three.

I am definately interested in carboy/kettle/kegs. What is not spoken for yet?

I could pick it up in CT sometime. My folks live in Granby and I go visit fairly frequently. Let me know what is the latest scoop...

Any word from the seller?

PM me when you hear and let me know what your pricing stuff at. Thanks.

update:

seller emailed me today. he has had no action on Craigslist. the goods are mine if I want em! woo hoo! so, he's out of town for the weekend. He gave me his number to call on mon. I can only get to RI on the weekends so I'm probably gonna run up next saturday. I made a list of what everybody wants and I'll post it later as well make contact via PMs. I really can't afford all this right now so if you are not sure you want stuff don't say you do!

If you end up with extra carboys I could use 2-4 depending on price. I'd be driving to the Wolcott, CT area on 4/22 if that's anywhere close.
-Gerry

It will probably be 2 weeks before I can make a trip down to Conneticutt(I can never splel taht right). If you can wait that long, I will definitely pick up the 25 gallon pots. If you could, pm me the diameter and depth when you get them, not sure if I will need to borrow a truck.

sorry I've left some people in the dark about all this for a little while. I am having a hard time communicating with the seller. as far as I know all is still there and ready for me. he just is never available when I am (and vice versa) hopefully I will be picking all this stuff up this weekend (then again that's what I said last weekend) I'll keep you all posted.

Vermicious, might you be able to meet me on your way back north to Dover, so I could get the stuff I'm looking for without an extra trip? I'd offer to go to RI and bring your stuff up to Dover (going to be in the Portsmouth/Dover area next week for work) but this weekend is wedding anniversary so I better stay close to home. Anyway, I'm still interested, PM when the deal is going down (or in advance and I can give you and Krispy my cell #).

LouT said:
Vermicious, might you be able to meet me on your way back north to Dover, so I could get the stuff I'm looking for without an extra trip? I'd offer to go to RI and bring your stuff up to Dover (going to be in the Portsmouth/Dover area next week for work) but this weekend is wedding anniversary so I better stay close to home. Anyway, I'm still interested, PM when the deal is going down (or in advance and I can give you and Krispy my cell #).
:off: Man I miss Portsmouth..I used to love going to the Gaslight(?), their French dip is awesome. Also their is a place near UNH called Benjamin Franklin's that has the best french onion soup...I love New England.

Dan

Ok I am giving up on this. if anybody wants to try him pm me and I will give you his phone number. I have called a dozen times and he keeps telling me he is busy and will get back to me but doesn't. my last three phone calls I left voice mails and he doesn't return my call. I'm not sure if he sold it all to someone else or if I was too eager and he got turned off by me. but I'm through wasting time on it. Sorry, I was looking forward to a few more toys. especially carboys which I am in desperate need of as I broke one a couple weeks ago and am only left with four.

Craigslist -- sometimes sellers are losers, sometimes buyers are losers. I guess you takes yer chances, be glad you didn't work out a deal, show up w/cash, and get mugged!
Other deals will come along, they always do... Thanks for the effort Krispy
(PS- ever do sound at Blackeyed Suzy's?)

LouT said:
Craigslist -- sometimes sellers are losers, sometimes buyers are losers. I guess you takes yer chances, be glad you didn't work out a deal, show up w/cash, and get mugged!
Other deals will come along, they always do... Thanks for the effort Krispy
(PS- ever do sound at Blackeyed Suzy's?)

I haven't worked Blackeyed but I've seen some shows there. I usually split my time between national blues acts at the hungry tiger and jam bands at The main pub, both in Manchester. Although everyonce in a while I have a gig at one of the smaller hartford or new haven clubs.

Well, I appreciate you trying. Let us know if the situation changes, though I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with the seller at all now even if he wakes up.

krispy d said:
I haven't worked Blackeyed but I've seen some shows there. I usually split my time between national blues acts at the hungry tiger and jam bands at The main pub, both in Manchester. Although everyonce in a while I have a gig at one of the smaller hartford or new haven clubs.
Cool. I haven't been to CT for a while, since my work territory changed. Good times, though.

Back