What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ForumRunner_20130424_174419.jpg

I didn't think they even made that crap anymore. ;)

I actually had a friend ask me to make it. My mind went to the Dark Candi "Maltose" syrup ie a similar sugar profile to wort with little flavor, plus lots of lemon and lime zest, and then backsweetened.

Because yeah, as far as I know they don't make it any more.

Patience, patience ... you'll get some in good time ;)

So how do you like this one?

It's great. What the style is supposed to taste like, not sweet at all, light funk, some barrel character. Smells delicous, juicy. Really glad you sent it. Not available here and I passed it up on the shelf in Kentucky due to the price, so it was a great call on your part. My wife loves it, which is always a big bonus on trade beers.

(I think I hear Ace of Bass in the background)[/QUOTE]

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
I saw the sign
hahahahaha to funny i think i really did laugh out load :ban:

NIZZLE said:
I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
I saw the sign
hahahahaha to funny i think i really did laugh out load :ban:

Ahh! You beat me to it.

I love that beer. Except for when I get a skunked bottle.

Drinking my Oatmeal Stout carbonation tester.

Its funny you say that. I opened it, poured it, then took a quick picture. It is WAY skunked! Like, smelling like a bad bottle of Heinekin. I guess the green glass doesnt help this at all. I can still get some of the delicious belgian flavor afte rthe skunkiness, but wow. The first bottle was great, this is not so great haha. Oh well. :tank:

Its funny you say that. I opened it, poured it, then took a quick picture. It is WAY skunked! Like, smelling like a bad bottle of Heinekin. I guess the green glass doesnt help this at all. I can still get some of the delicious belgian flavor afte rthe skunkiness, but wow. The first bottle was great, this is not so great haha. Oh well. :tank:

Yeah, for a long time I used to be able to get a reliable non-skunky bottle. But lately it's ALL been skunky. It's a shame. I'd consider that my desert island beer.

Yeah, for a long time I used to be able to get a reliable non-skunky bottle. But lately it's ALL been skunky. It's a shame. I'd consider that my desert island beer.

I know, I remembered the first one to be amazing. This one, well.....sorry to say, I had to dump it. My breath smells like a skunk sprayed in my mouth, and sitting on the couch about 6 feet from my wife, she can smell the skunkiness from the glass. I chugged about half the bottle then poured the rest down the drain. Off to dinner we go haha. Maybe it will be better next time. Wish they bottled in brown glass. Might help the skunks hiding inside...

Carb test bottle of my Huma Tropic Pineapple DIPA, needs more carb time but delicious!!! Dry hopped with Columbus the aroma is perfect! Has the potential to be my best beer so far!

ForumRunner_20130424_204251.jpg

I have lived in a lot of BFE places, never had a skunky Dupont. Guess I am lucky after all. :D

Good, but not great. A little too bitter for my taste, but it's definitely drinkable for 11.2%. I can't see myself buying it again though.

ForumRunner_20130424_190332.jpg

APA carbonation tester bottle. Not bad for being 100% extract (by weight 57% pale LME, 43% amber DME), or for a weeknight pipeline filler. But I'll stick to the AG. Or partial mash. Or at LEAST steep some specialty grains. Uninspired and boring, but very drinkable.

You got Homebrew? Wtf. All he sent me was this.

Oh, wait and a Maine Mean Old Tom and a Weyerbacher Reserva. Get in on the Craft Beer MAW thread.

I haven't got one of your homebrews yet Gabe wtf?! I do follow the maw but have been super busy at work lately plus having vehicle troubles... I need one of your nelson citra saison.. I'll let you know if it is as good as Nedvalton's :)

LoloMT7 said:
I need one of your nelson citra saison.. I'll let you know if it is as good as Nedvalton's :)

You're not missing much. That one tasted like @$$.

Just kidding TNGabe. That one was my favorite of the three Saisons you sent me.

I've been extremely impressed with Nedvaton's brews I even prefer them over lots of crafts I like. His nelson s was killer I'd buy 6ers of it!

Well, from the bubblegum and mint notes you got in the other one, I'm not sure that's a compliment. Of course Shaun Hill and Dan Suarez liked my beers so insert insult about your palate here. :D

TNGabe said:
Well, from the bubblegum and mint notes you got in the other one, I'm not sure that's a compliment. Of course Shaun Hill and Dan Suarez liked my beers so insert insult about your palate here. :D

Hey, I didn't say the minty bubblegum flavor was unpleasant. I actually enjoyed all the beer you sent. I just haven't had the sour porter yet.

Back