Damn, I'm impatient...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phrogpilot73

Loving the hobby
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So my first batch has been sitting in the bottles for exactly seven days. Taunting me. I couldn't help myself. I popped one open.

Not enough carbonation, an aftertaste that I can't place... At least I know what green beer tastes like now so I can troubleshoot future brews. I think I'll pop one more at 2 weeks, and then three. All for "science" of course.

But hot-damn, I made beer!!! :D

That is called quality control. It is required. Only the guys that have done the same batch 30 times know when it is Ok to open the beer.

You crack one open every couple of days til you go, wow, that's not too shabby. then when you get to the last one you are sad because they are all gone.

Get on with the second batch now. And start planning future batches.

Get on with the second batch now. And start planning future batches.
Done, done, and done.

That would be second batch, third batch, and planning future... SWMBO and I went to the LHBS last week and she convinced me to get two more kits (Irish Pub Ale & Russian Imperial Stout) as well as a better bottle and more stuff. Went to pay and she smiled and said "Happy Valentine's Day".

Both kits are bubbling away as we speak :)

Back