20$ = 1 Half Keg + 10 Cases of Sam Adams bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kulprit

Reaction score
Went to see my buddy today who owns a Beverage store. I used to work with him years back when I was younger and been a loyal customer ever since.

When I asked him if he would sell me a keg - figuring it might be a big hassle for him he said "yea sure - 10 bucks is what they charge me" I simply said "done."

When he heard what I wanted the keg for he offered me to save any Grolsch bottles that came through. I said sure but would really prefer all his Sam Adams bottles. He said he would set them all aside for me as they come in and gave me close to 10 cases (with boxes and 6'er holders!) that he had in the bottle room now. I am gonna go through them and discard anything that even looks remotely scummy and then just soak the rest in a bleach bath for a few weeks then do the regular cleaning / sanitization recommended on these forums.

Just curious why you guys don't try this route as well. Now getting the keg might not be as simple - but I dont see why getting the bottles would really be a hassle if you offered to pay the deposit on them or something. Might be an easy way to get bottles.

Well I feel like an idiot.

I understand the ethics with the keg - but how am I "breaking the law"

I sorta felt it was too good to be true - that's why I made the post asking why more people didn't do this.

thanks

Kulprit said:
I understand the ethics with the keg - but how am I "breaking the law"

Kegs are the property of the brewery, not the distributor nor the retail outlet that sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back