I shaved my beard

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the more defined your beard / goatee, the more refined your brewing process will be. :)

Beards attract bacteria and wild yeast and therefore keep them out of your kettle. More beard = better beer. Duh.

I started on my beard a few weeks ago which is about the same time I started home brewing. It just seemed like a natural pairing.

Yes shave, you don´t want any nasties in you beard near you beer also take you t shirt off and apply lotion: I´ve learn this from TakeSomeAdvice.

Your OG will always be off by .002 until you grow it back...the gods are not to be trifled with in such a manner.

Golddiggie said:
You'll have to shave your head to offset the penalty until you grow the beard/goatee back. Then you must keep your head shaved for 7 years to appease the beer gods. :mug: :tank:

This is why I only shave when I shave my head and leave at least a little stubble.

Back