jacksonville area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannon1

Reaction score
I'm brand new to the forum and a novice at brewing. I would like to know if there is any gatherings or something in around the jacksonville area.

Cannon,
I will be relocating to Jax in lest than two weeks. As far as a group goes in Jax I haven't found any myself, but doesn't mean we can start one together. Feel free to message me.

Screen Shot 2012-05-04 at 11.36.01 PM.jpg

Well the one that I found in JAX is the same one Seven listed above.Cheap dues-$20/yr. However, I noticed that you're a younger guy like myself. Not sure what the age group is for this group but check out their website. Im still interested in starting one for maybe the younger brewers in the area. Could always use the extra help if interested.

http://www.thecask.org/

Welcome! Im fairly new (yesterday lol) to the Jax area. Hopefully once u get settled in to a new apartment soon I lil forward to starting a home brew club. But until then maybe we could all get together and shoot the $#!+ and have a cold one. Get to know eachother. Waddaya say? PM me if interested and we'll set something up.

Cannon,

I am a member of CASK. We have a pretty wide age group that attends the meetings. The next meeting is June 9 at Brewers Pizza in Orange Park. Social hour starts at 6:00. We have monthly club only competitions at the meetings. I will not be at the next meeting because I'll be out of town.

I am located west of Jax and would be interested in participating. Used to attempt to brew when I was younger. Now I have $ for proper equipment and looking fwd. to starting again.

You guys should attend CASK meetings at Seven Bridges or at Brewer's Pizza in Orange Park. Ages range from the teens to the sixties as CASK is a HUGE brew club. Most of the local breweries and brew masters are also active members. Bold City, Intuition, Green Room and Pinglehead brewing all got their start with CASK. If you don't have equipment or are just curious about brewing or putting your toes back in the wort, check out Engine 15 Brewing out at the beaches. They have professional equipment, ingredients and even recipes to follow step by step for amateur brewers to brew their own using the in-house equipment.

I will be joining CASK VERY Soon, just want to go check out one of the meetings before I do. Seems like a decent group.

emmdubb23 said:
I will be joining CASK VERY Soon, just want to go check out one of the meetings before I do. Seems like a decent group.

I'm pretty sure the next meeting is over at Seven Bridges next Saturday!

knuckleheadbrewing said:
Buddy of mine just took a gold at the last CASK competition....for his Saison...

Nice....We made a saison for the comp only to find out that we used the wrong yeast, I didn't realize that we had to use the dupont strain until it was too late ...course my thermometer ended up being 10-15 degrees off so the yeast was the least of my problems. Hope to enter my hop bomb in the un session beer comp this fall.

Just to revive and bump this thread, the CASK meetings are the second Saturday of every month. The next one will be held at Seven Bridges tap room next to the Tinseltown movie theater on Southside blvd at 6 pm on Feb. 9, 2013. I'd like to invite anyone reading this to attend. The inter-club competition this month will be Stouts.

Just to revive and bump this thread, the CASK meetings are the second Saturday of every month. The next one will be held at Seven Bridges tap room next to the Tinseltown movie theater on Southside blvd at 6 pm on Feb. 9, 2013. I'd like to invite anyone reading this to attend. The inter-club competition this month will be Stouts.

This month is barleywines? Isn't it? I thought stouts were March.

Check out thecask.org.
That is our local club. I think we have a meeting next weekend, and the First Coast Cup is coming up towards the end of the month.
Depending on what side of town you are in you could check out either of the Just Brew It locations..one is on rosselle next to Bold City Brewery. The other is on Third St down at the beach.

Bump.... New to Jacksonville and looking to meet up with some local brewers.

Also, there's a Jax area bottle share in Orange Park twice a month. The usual spot is Brewer's Pizza/Pinglehead brewing at 14-B Blanding Blvd. in Orange Park at 2:00 pm.

The usual dates are the first Sunday and the Third Sunday of every month. There's a facebook group also and it's usually where we post updates. Go to FB and search "orange park bottle share" and ask to join.

Back