First dumped batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
Well I'm sorry to say but today I had to dumped my AHS pumpkin ale batch. Right now I only have two kegs and my Fat Tire clone batch needed to be kegged anyway.

It was extract with steeping grains. I did a full boil (my first full boil) and thought everything went well. No sign of infection. Hit my OG and FG within a point or two. Tasted normal when I did my last reading. I kegged it and it has been carbing/conditioning for over a month and a half now. At first it wasn't terrible but not exactly what I wanted. As the weeks went on I figured it would condition and taste better but the exact opposite happened. It started to taste worst. I can't explain the flavor. It was definitely drinkable (what I mean by that is it wasn't like drinking medicine or sour) but didn't really taste like beer. It tasted like something that has been laying around wet for a few days. I'm hoping it was oxidation. I do remember when kegging it that the end of the auto syphon tube wasn't touching the bottom so the beer was splashing at first.

Sad day but I'm hoping my Fat Tire clone is much better (first all grain BIAB).

i've dumped a few few batches but i don't even remember them anymore, i'm good at moving on.

Normally I would say pour a little out for a loved one, but you have already had to pour out way to much!!! Good luck on your next brew!!!

Back