Questions: F.G. and Settling of Celis White Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddwill

Reaction score
I have a celis white clone (5gal) to which I added approximately 1.5 cups of juice from crushed berries before putting in primary.

Q1) I assume that the addition of fruit juice would lower the expected F.G below just the celis recipe (1.011), but how low before I bottle?

Q2) I know whitbeer should be "hazy" and I did not use any flocculants, but could I or should I cold crash the carboy to remove heavier sediment before bottling?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Oh, yeah, I unfortunately do not have my recipe with me, I am out of town, but I have been very excited about bottling as soon as I get home. Cause I know someone is going to ask to see the bill.

Q1) I assume that the addition of fruit juice would lower the expected F.G below just the celis recipe (1.011), but how low before I bottle?

Adding fermentable won't necessarily lower your FG...unless they are very simple sugars. You're actually increasing the OG as well so the drop will be relative to your starting point. As far as bottling, wait until your final gravity has stopped moving for at least 1 week to insure fermentation is complete.

Q2) I know whitbeer should be "hazy" and I did not use any flocculants, but could I or should I cold crash the carboy to remove heavier sediment before bottling?

If you did a decent job of straining solids out during the brewing/racking, there shouldn't be a lot of extra "stuff". No need to cold crash.

Latest posts

Back