Getting Into Soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeywhat

Reaction score
OK so I'm planning on having one or two soda's on tap as well as my homebrew. The concensus is that having a LOT of line for the tap (20'+) is the only way to go...is there any chance in hell that a short 4-5 foot line with picnic tap will work? Or should I just not bother putting it together and go get the longer tubing?

I'm also wondering about using two regulators with one CO2 tank. I've seen 'primary' and 'secondary' regulators...I believe I have two primaries, they have the low and high pressure gauges. Is there any downside to using both on the same tank or do I have to have a secondary? And how would this be set up? I've seen lots of info on setting up secondary regulators, not so much about two primaries.

No way will a party tap work, unless you come up with another way of increasing the resistance. Some people have inserted epoxy mixers into the lines.

If you have two regulators, they can be set at different pressures. No problem there. I have secondaries because I found a good deal on them.

I carb rootbeer, kool-aid, and Crystal Light with 5 foot cobra/picnic taps with these cheap (like $1.00 ) epoxy mixer inserts and have never had a foaming problem.. I insert two into the dip tube, turn the psi up to 20, carb for three days, and then pour... they work beautifully and are super-cheap

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-short-hose-troubles-100151/

Back