AB IBU's ????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshivit-brew

Reaction score
Getting ready to make an arrogant bastard type beer. Any one know what the IBU's should be. I checked stones web site but it dose not give it.
Any help would be great.

Thanks cheeto thats very close to the same recipe that I am useing. Same hop schedule but hopville only show's it coming out at 66 IBU's ???? wierd

Beersmith is very good at calculating IBU's.

It is one of the best programs for that bit brewing math.

Be sure to adjust for the AA of your Chinook hops !!!

that could make difference in your outcome.

I brew with Chinook hops often, you should get your desired result with out any real trouble, BUT!, let it age, it gets really good around 3-6 months !!!

-Jason

Beersmith is very good at calculating IBU's.

It is one of the best programs for that bit brewing math.

Be sure to adjust for the AA of your Chinook hops !!!

that could make difference in your outcome.

I brew with Chinook hops often, you should get your desired result with out any real trouble, BUT!, let it age, it gets really good around 3-6 months !!!

-Jason

ALso depends on which algorithm you have it set for. I keep mine set to the Rager method. If you switch among the various methods, you'll see a big difference.

in BeerSmith: Tools --> Options -->Bitterness tab

I brewed an AB clone with 71 IBU's yesterday... no idea how it will taste since it's the first time brewig it.

Back