Keezer questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneman

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for all the information and inspiration located on these pages. I have done the u-brew route long enough and I want to switch to home brew with a keezer set up. I have 2 questions (to start)

1. For you users with multiple kegs on tap, Do you have a problem with beer going stale, how long will it last?

2. Has anyone mounted the taps on the side of the freezer as opposed to the front? I just thought it might be easier to get the kegs in and out that way without hitting the shanks.

Thanks again all.

1. With CO2 and cold temps, your beer will last at least 1 year and much longer than that for stronger brew.

2. Freezers typcially have coolant lines running through the side walls, and if you puncture those you'll kill it. That's why most people choose to build a wooden collar or a tower and drill holes through that. It's just an easy way to make sure you don't brick your freezer.

1) +1 to what twoheads said. Purge your kegs with CO2 before filling and you'll have no worries. But if you can't kill a keg in a year we have other issues.

2)I have seen folks put the taps on the side (with collar) as well as the front. If you attach the collar to the lid you'll have no worries about hitting anything when putting kegs in the keezer.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.
I should have made myself more clear, I am planning to collar my keezer. I have been lurking/studying :) these pages for days looking at all of the different builds here for ideas, and the collared keezer to me seems to be the way to go.

I was just worried about spoilage if my stomach couldn't keep up to my eyes, if I plumbed for 3 or 4 kegs.

Thanks everybody! :)

If it comes down to it, I'm sure some of us could sacrifice some stomach space for beer :)

My sanyo only fits two; I wish I had room for more!

Back