Need source for washer inside ball lock quick disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
I have a bunch of the beverage-side ball lock quick disconnects, all without the little washer that goes inside of them (spring and pin are OK). For the life of me, I don't know where they went, except probably down the drain.

Anybody know where I can get replacement washers?

-Steve

Northern Brewer has soda keg disconnect parts, but it looks like the washer is 40 cents or so.

Might want to take calipers and see what size the washer is to get parts from McMaster Carr.

YES. I had this same problem! I lost the washer, and LO AND BEHOLD, I had a beer fountain!!!!

I bought the O-Rings at wal-mart, but anywhere should have them. I will post the size as soon as I get home to my brewing station. I have the package sitting right by my keyboard.

OKAY I'm home now.... I think I bought them at Home Schlepo after all.... They are Danco brand, although the brand shouldn't matter.

They are listed as #41 O-Ring (pn 96755) 9/16" OD x 7/16" ID x 1/16" thickness.

Hope that helps!

Sweet! That's awesome.

I hadn't thought of going to a normal hardware store... I figured the washer was specific to the quick disconnect.

Thanks again for the info!

-Steve

I recently got a disconnect with a bad o ring from Austin Homebrew Supply, they are sending me a replacement for free (Thanks!) but I also inquired about replacement O rings, they said they were looking into it and should have them on the site in a couple days. I have a couple dozen of these things and the O rings won't last forever. Some have white ones.. maybe better?

For you McMaster-Carr junkies, here's the part:

Silicone O-Ring AS568A

This is the orange silicone version. All of my corny keg o-rings are this flavor.

$6.11 per Pack of 100....very good deal!

Here's the McMaster-Carr part no. for the Buna-N O-rings (same material as the original in the preassembled liquid disconnect:
4061T118

Old thread, but I found it and benefitted so I'll add.

I couldn't find a 7/16 ID, 9/16 OD o-ring at my local hardware store but they had an assorted package with a 7/16 ID, 5/8 OD o-ring. I covered it in plumbers silicone grease and was able to slide it in snugly. The plastic cap did not screw down flush, but sealed well. Good to know in a pinch :).

Latest posts

Back