Amazing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iechyd Da

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This whole beer brewing thing is amazing. I’m sitting here drinking a pint of beer, I made, and feeling sad because SWMBO and I are going out to dinner tonight and I know the restaurant won’t have beer as good as this.

My first batch was ok but not that great, so I was a little dismayed. My second was terrible, I’m not sure what went wrong but I have a few ideas, mostly brewing a beer style that’s not my favorite. My next two beers, wow, what an improvement they are over the first two. I changed a few things like a lower and longer fermentation temperature, no LME, and I started kegging. The kegging is mostly for convenience but it lets me try fully carbed beer sooner. Also, I have less than a month before I go AG.

So, I sit here in front of my kegerator, drinking a glass of MY Harvest Ale, staring at the wonder that I have produced and thinking, I would rather just order a pizza.

:mug:

Iechyd Da said:
... I would rather just order a pizza.

:mug:
Now we just got to get you making your own pizza, and you'd be set. It's getting so my wife and kids like my homemade pizza more than delivery, definitely better than Dominoes, Pizza Hut or that John guy's pies.

I have a cheesemaking kit on order now, so I might even start making my own mozzarella. Heck, if I get a garden going and can grow some fresh basil and tomatoes I'd be in heaven. I doubt I'm ever going to press my own olive oil...

ma2brew said:
Now we just got to get you making your own pizza, and you'd be set. It's getting so my wife and kids like my homemade pizza more than delivery, definitely better than Dominoes, Pizza Hut or that John guy's pies.

I have a cheesemaking kit on order now, so I might even start making my own mozzarella. Heck, if I get a garden going and can grow some fresh basil and tomatoes I'd be in heaven. I doubt I'm ever going to press my own olive oil...

Yes, but are you going to shoot and kill your own pepperoni? "Ham, Bacon, and Sausage from the same animal? What is this magical animal?" - Homer Simpson

Back