Coriander Use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POAS

Reaction score
I made a wheat beer this weekend and I have a question regarding the coriander that I added. I did not remove the coriander (nor the orange zest that I also added) after I boiled the wort and it is now fermenting. I used 3/4 oz. of powdered coriander. Should I have filtered it out before starting fermentation? Is this going to give the beer too much coriander flavor? It's the first time I've used it in this recipe, which has always turned out great.
Thanks.

Nah, it'll settle into the yeast cake just like everything else. Just do a good job keeping the yeast cake in place when you rack to secondary/bottling bucket/keg or whatever's next, and you'll be good.

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that too much coriander would give the beer a "mustard" taste, but I guess I'm not sure what's too much. Hopefully it'll turn out fine as you say.

I did the same thing with a wit and had the same worry. It'll be fine.

Thanks, that makes me feel better. I guess I just need to relax...

Latest posts

Back