Beer gun but no Co2 splitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerzilla81

Reaction score
Hello fellows Brewers! Ive read that when using the blichmann beer gun you connect it to a Co2 splitter. I unfortunately don't have a splitter. But I do have a spare Co2 tank with a regulator. Can I just connect the gas line to the spare tank and use it that way with out any problems? Or do I have to have a splitter. Thanks

That should work fine. The splitter is simply to supply CO2 to the keg for pushing the beer out and also enable the bottle purging function on the beer gun with only one gas supply.

Great! Thats good to know. Im about to buy one and wasnt sure if i needed to get a splitter. Thanks and happy brewing.

You at least need CO2 connected to the keg to push the beer. Otherwise the CO2 connection to the beer gun is for purging the bottles before filling them. If you wanted to skip that part you don't need to connect CO2 to the beer gun...

Cheers!

Nevermind, I completely misunderstood this thing. I thought It worked like a sort of syringe.

Back