Hammered Dog Brewery Logo and Sample Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopDog

Reaction score
Been working a bit on a logo and label base. I'd love comments.

Logo:
hdbLogo.gif

Sample Label:
label_FoD.jpg

I like it. For the logo - I'd separate the dog's mouth from the Est. 2008 just " " that much to clean it up.

I like the label too with the font & style you used. The dog's head could be a little crisper or clearer maybe. I can't read the script in italics below where it says Imperial Coffee Stout - but I've got bad eyes & I'm assuming the actual label might be just a little bigger.

13.9% ? Yikes! Send me a bottle!

I like to dog label, I would agree with the picture being a little crisper.

That sounds like one hell of a coffee stout, one I do not see a recipe for in your box:(

I like the look and feel of these myself. I can see some small tweaking here & there, but nothing major.

Great job......:mug:

I like the overall style of your work. Great job!

Agree that the dog lips are too close to the "Est. 2008", but I also really like the effect of your dog "breaking through" the inner circle of the logo. Very cool.

Given that your label looks like it's pretty close to "actual size" on my computer screen, I am concerned that the cursive text may be too small. Your eyes will know if you need to adjust the text when you print a sample!

Thanks for the critiques guys. The overhang on the "Est. 2008" was on purpose to give the 3-d effect of Earl coming through the logo. I'll adjust it, though, and see how it looks.

As for the small text, you're absolutely right. It printed too small to really read well. Going to look at enlarging that and sharpening up Earl's head on the label.

Will post the results.

Thanks for the critiques guys. The overhang on the "Est. 2008" was on purpose to give the 3-d effect of Earl coming through the logo. I'll adjust it, though, and see how it looks..

The 3-d effect looks good & does makes the logo 'pop' - but maybe try to get some of the orange to continue from the circle down into the lower part of the logo to enhance the overhang effect ? Like just a small part between his paws and his jowels ?

did you vector the dog? I love the way the dog looks!
Thanks. That's the cutout filter in PhotoShop CS2. Number of Levels=8, Edge Simplicity=4, Edge Fidelity=1.

Cuts down on the number of colors giving it that paint-by-numbers look. I think it looks much better on this style of label than a true photo would.

The 3-d effect looks good & does makes the logo 'pop' - but maybe try to get some of the orange to continue from the circle down into the lower part of the logo to enhance the overhang effect ? Like just a small part between his paws and his jowels ?

Good idea. I'll give that a shot as well.

Back