McDonald's is pure evil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 11pm... EVERYTHING was closed, except the crummy 7-11 next to the hotel. Which by the way sold ONLY chips and soda... so, I kept walking... and walking, til I saw the Golden Arches

It is damn near impossible to find any protein at a quickie mart in Mexico.

Yes this is freaking gross and unfortunately happens when you have crap people not following company policy. There are definitely the store to stay away from.

*takes out parenting tech tips note pad writes down "no play-dough until he is 5"* Thanks! :D
No, 5 is still too young. Wait until they move out. I've been picking Play-Doh out of my carpets for 6 years now. :mad:

Not only is it evil, it smells horrendous.

Mickey D's is one of those place that always sounds good to me until I actually eat it. I do like Big Macs once every few months, but rarely do they live up to the vision in my head.

As far as feeding the family goes, I always order off the dollar menu when it's all of us, and will even ask for free icewater. Nothing like feeding 8 people for less than $20. Seriously, even most of us adults really only need a burger and small fries.

Mickey D's is one of those place that always sounds good to me until I actually eat it. I do like Big Macs once every few months, but rarely do they live up to the vision in my head.

As far as feeding the family goes, I always order off the dollar menu when it's all of us, and will even ask for free icewater. Nothing like feeding 8 people for less than $20. Seriously, even most of us adults really only need a burger and small fries.
I really would have expected differently given your avatar.:)

The burgers tasty gritty or something, I am at a loss of words to explain it. I could never figure out if it was the bun getting microwaved or what.

Plus their food has a spell on it to make you *think* it tastes good. :fro:

The burgers tasty gritty or something, I am at a loss of words to explain it. I could never figure out if it was the bun getting microwaved or what.

Plus their food has a spell on it to make you *think* it tastes good. :fro:

Could be the seasoning you're biting into. The buns haven't been microwaved for over 10 years! Not just a guess, They stopped microwaving them the year I started when I was 15, I'm 26. I'm not saying McDonalds rules all I just go into defense mode. I feel it's my obligation since it raised me.

My Fast Food preference
Burgers - Wendy's
Fries - Mcdonalds
Sides - McDonalds
Desserts - McDonalds or BK

Lunch yesterday was a Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese, a McChicken with ketchup and pickle, and a Double Cheeseburger.

I <3 McD's too hard.

I eat there every time I can justify it, no matter how hard I try to stay away.

It's like crack. Super addictive, meat-and-cheese on a bun injected into my veins crack.

Hey, at least it keeps you regular. :D

Strange though...whenever I get hungover, I get a vicious craving for fried foods and McNuggets and fries do the trick.

They're not nearly as greasy as Five Guys though...one of them I went to was so greasy I almost busted my ass walking through the place! Felt like I was ice skating. :drunk:

We rarely do fast food. None of them have it all right. It is always, oh, if they just did this or that. I do like McD's fries the best. What I'd like, is a BK burger, on a McD bun. Then I might eat there more often, maybe.

Man I love a Double Cheeseburger off the Dollar Menu at MickeyD's. Thats all Mcdonalds is good for.... a quick, super cheap greasy bite to hold me over.

I don't understand going to Mcdonalds and buying $6-7 combos for everybody. I would rather support a mom 'n pop place around here. If I felt like paying 6 dollars for freaking chicken strips I can do that elsewhere and maybe even get a draft beer to go with it.

Dollar menu, WOOT... though since SWMBO is preggers, I am trying to eat healthier with my $5 footlong!

Mmmm. I wish they made $2 footlongs. I'd be in heaven.

My ONLY issue with Subway is that here, at least, they're in TERRIBLE locations, with no really good there-and-back route. Downtown location has no parking, North location is about 20 minutes one-way from work, the West location is closer, about 15 minutes each way, but I have to drive 1.5 mi North, just to get on a bypass to go back South again. *siiiigh*

Either way, them footlong meatball subs are my fave. Mmmm. Meatballs.

If I can hit up subway at the airport I will, otherwise it is Panda Express or sumthin chinese, I DO get steamed rice instead of Lomein now though!
The Beijing Beef in the E terminal in ATL is the bomdiggity.

On to the second page and no mention of "Super Size Me"?

I don't eat fast food any more - not that the movie had anything to do with it. I'd rather take a little more time and pay a little more to enjoy food made by a non-chain. It helps that I don't have kids!

We had this really old S-10 Blazer at the ranch I cleaned up a little to give away on CL.

I found a McDonald's fry that was at least 8 years old and it had not change a bit. No mold, no texture change, nada.

We had this really old S-10 Blazer at the ranch I cleaned up a little to give away on CL.

I found a McDonald's fry that was at least 8 years old and it had not change a bit. No mold, no texture change, nada.

Howd it taste

I can't help it,
I have an unhealthy craving for a Big Mac, large fry, and a chocolate shake !!!

i can't eat at mcdonalds any more. most fast food actually makes me physically ill. my body got used to not eating that crap, so i think the mounds of grease and filth does something to me. i can still go for some KFC every now and again :) and if for some reason i'm stuck at any other fast food, i always get chicken, usually chicken sandwich. burgers are out, tho, and mcdonalds is a no-go...even their chicken sandwich tastes like crap and leaves me sick.

Man I love a Double Cheeseburger off the Dollar Menu at MickeyD's. Thats all Mcdonalds is good for.... a quick, super cheap greasy bite to hold me over.

Not for long. The mcDonalds Double cheesburger is being removed form the dollar menu and will be $1.20
BUT, they are replacing it with the McDouble something (can't remember full name). It will the exact same thing as teh double, but with 1 peice of cheese in the middle instead of two on the buns. This will be $1.00. The dismissal of the 1 peice of cheese will save our local McD's ~$80,000 next year. This info comes from my local Owner (mom's boss) at my mom's 50th bday party last weekend.

I love Macdonalds, and i am as fit as one can be. It's OK if you don't exaggerate.
I think People just like to talk it down because it's popular and doesn't have a 'finesse' reputation. Sure it's not healthiest thing in the world, but it's definitely not worse than Alcohol and tobacco or coffe, but people still do it.

Not for long. The mcDonalds Double cheesburger is being removed form the dollar menu and will be $1.20

Darn you. I just went today. Sure enough. $1.19. Oh well, I still love 'em.

Now that damned employee @ the window, though.... Too busy TXTing, I had to repeat my order, slowly and carefully, three times, and they made 2 of the 3 items I ordered wrong anyways.

I love Macdonalds, and i am as fit as one can be. It's OK if you don't exaggerate.
I think People just like to talk it down because it's popular and doesn't have a 'finesse' reputation. Sure it's not healthiest thing in the world, but it's definitely not worse than Alcohol and tobacco or coffe, but people still do it.

depends. when i worked there in high school, i saw the same HUGE family come there every single day for dinner. they ordered gigantic meals of that nasty, greasy stuff.

they didn't look too healthy. sure, it's a combination of that, lack of exercise and the rest of their diet, but your body has trouble processing those foods...it doesn't give you the vitamins and nutrients you need in your daily diet. just fat, grease, preservatives, and processed meats.

no thanks. i'll keep my alcohol and tabacco fixes :cross:

Darn you. I just went today. Sure enough. $1.19. Oh well, I still love 'em.
Now that damned employee @ the window, though.... Too busy TXTing, I had to repeat my order, slowly and carefully, three times, and they made 2 of the 3 items I ordered wrong anyways.
I am so sick of fast food employees. Kids are **** these days. Takes no effort to be a good fast food employee. We goofed off and had a blast in HS working at McDs and still did crap right! Won't go anymore into that.

Awwwww Chipotle is owned by Mcdonalds? :( :( :(
Yes, and I pass the one they built less than a mile from my house everyday on the way too and from work. OPEN ALREADY!! i can see them all in there when coming home from work doing all their training. Can't be too long. now

I am so sick of fast food employees. Kids are **** these days. Takes no effort to be a good fast food employee. We goofed off and had a blast in HS working at McDs and still did crap right! Won't go anymore into that.

Agreed. I've got 6 years f.f. experience, and I f'ed off every single day of it, enjoyed myself immensely and had a great time.... But I was still one of the three best employees in the store, I cooked fast, I got orders right, and I treated customers with respect. I don't buy the whole "Muhh clearly you shouldn't badmouth them because it's bad enough they have to work at McDonalds" argument. I'm not badmouthing them because they work at McD's. I'm badmouthing them because they are a rude and incompetent *****enozzle.

I've worked for McD's. I know how tough that job can be sometimes, especially since I was working the graveyard shifts while I was there. But I know that it's not rocket science, if you LISTEN, WORK HARD, are RESPECTFUL, and try to be ACCURATE, you can go a long ways. The employees who are epic failures, do not do those four things.

only time I eat there is when I have a hangover .. double cheeseburger.

I used to work at McDonalds when I was a teen. The burgers actually tasted pretty good if you did them on the charcoal grill.

Back