• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Keezer temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorglath

Reaction score
I am looking for 1 or 2 temp controllers for a freezer, or suggestions for a cheap one. Johnson controls, or whatever, I can wire it up myself, no biggie.

-Matt

I'd still potentially be interested in a Johnson controls one for my new keezer i am building.

sapperxl said:
That's what I use, works good, in Celsius tho and you have to use an SSR or a contactor with it.

Why use a contactor/relay/SSR?

The contacts on that temp controller aren't rated for much. I don't remember exactly but it's under 5A. Stuff with electric motors have a large current draw when they start up.

I lied they are rated for 10a, you can probably get away without an SSR/contactor for most fridges

I'll look at my STC1000 when I get home, but thought it was 12 AMP contacts.

The auction says 10A. I use a 40A SSR on my ehlt and fermentation fridge. Overkill I know but I work on electric motors and the #1 failure is the starter so I'd rather go too big then small. Plus they are super cheap on eBay.

Back