temperature controller probe choice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fckwalm

Pour me another beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I did an extremely quick search and didnt find an answer so i figured i would see peoples' opinions.... when getting the probe for the temperature controller what material is everyone's choice and why... I am looking at getting the TSX3-520122 for the controller........ I was sent this link for the choices , I was thinking the TS-2 (SS 5 foot)

If it matters, I ordered the 8.8 kenmore chest freezer (picking it up this sat) its on sale for 250ish and i had 100 in gift cards so a good deal

Stainless is always a good choice, especially when the price difference is negligible. Is this for a fermentation chamber or a keezer? Either way the probe length depends on how you're putting things together, but 5' should be plenty for most designs.

Keezer... But I do need a fermentation chamber... I've spent a bit much so far this year so maybe later in the yr ( bought all my equipment this year only on my 2nd batch since I have to drink one to fit the next)..... I use my closet at about 69f (south Florida ac) for now , only ales so far

Back