Feline Attraction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corp_T

Reaction score
Ok...so apparently my cats are alcoholics:drunk:...no, they don't go to meetings but they are doing everything in their power to drink the Wort. :tank:
IMGP1542.jpg

Anyone else have this problem? And to think, someone left this poor alcoholic at a shelter where they wouldn't even think to give her beer

my dog always gets a lick on my carboy before the airlock goes on

to my dismay

Ok...so apparently my cats are alcoholics:drunk:...no, they don't go to meetings but they are doing everything in their power to drink the Wort. :tank:

Anyone else have this problem? And to think, someone left this poor alcoholic at a shelter where they wouldn't even think to give her beer

I had to lock mine under the sink in my bathroom. I still catch my cat trying to paw his way into there...

Our cat was very confused by the carboy, she couldn't figure out what it was.

n2317558_50276322_2227.jpg

I can't keep my boxer away! He really seems to like it but I can't quite tell if he does...what do you all think?

IMG_4687.jpg

-Tripod

My cat doesn't like the smell of alcohol and/or CO2, so he stays away.

My dog likes to curl up on the towel my carboy sits on. He just sits there next to it for hours. Maybe dogs to take after their owners. :D

Our dog likes BEER, I gave her some when bottling because she would not leave it, or me alone. The cats don't seem to care.

rubybeeria1.jpg

Never had a problem with the pets, but keeping the 3 year old from the finished product is a chore.

I have 4 cats and a Dog also. The cats are totally uninterested, and the Dog won't touch the stuff. I put some brew in the dog bowl and she didn't even lick it once before running away from it.

There are about 4 or 5 cats that roam around near my house (the neighbor feeds them). I don't let them in the house, but they will eat the spent grains when I dump them in the field. I wish it would attract deer like Ed's does, instead of cats.

It's nice to read that there are others out there that have 4 cats like myself. Mine LOVE to try to rub up on the equipment when i am bottling and brewing. It is hard as hell to keep them out of the kitchen at those times. Which sucks because i am constantly paranoid that they are going to get cat hair in my wort or in a bottle or something and infect the beer. During fermentation i have to keep the door closed to my bathroom upstairs and my beer closet downstairs otherwise they will try to knock the airlocks off every time they bubble.

All my beer, like all my food, I market as "Contains at least 1 cat"

No matter how hard I try I always end up with some cat hair in the damn fermenter. Oh well I'm just happy they don't drink it.

I brew outside and ferment in the basement and the cats usually dont go into the basement. My one cat will tear the hell out of a bag of DME. He loves that stuff. I accidently left a bag of it in a plastic shopping bag on the table and came back to tons of teeth and claw marks in the DME bag.

My beagle(who some of you met via my brewcasts) loves malt, and will stick his head into the grain bins to steal a mouthful. He always gets a scoop of spent grains after the tun is drained.

My golden lab/retriever loves the stuff. If theres ever any spilled shes there lapping it up(She is a drunk). But my beagle and english springer spaniel usually leave it alone. The beagle though will hit the bottle periodocally depending on what it is.

Last night, one of our cats was very interested in the carboy that I had just transfered my dry-hopped IPA from. He spent some time sniffing the top. It was quite aromatic. I guess he likes Centennial and Palisade.

Normally they show no interest except the one will insist that I pick him up while I am down in the basement brewing. Oh, I guess he does like to come up and see what I've got when I sit down with a new pint. Then he realizes what it is and leaves.

Back