Blueberry wine question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alaw1or

Reaction score
I'm new to wine making, and I'm about to make a blueberry wine and wanted thoughts on an idea that I had about using brown sugar. The recipe I'm using calls for 13 lbs of frozen blueberries, and 12 lbs of sugar for a 5 gallon batch. I was thinking about using 2 lbs of brown sugar and 10 lbs of granulated sugar. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

I would recommend using fresh berries, specially at this time of the year! You can get large quantities from Costco. I'd also recommend experimenting with smaller batches. I personally use brown sugar or candy sugar I find white sugar gives it a cider like flavor.

Great Googley Moogley! :eek: It is almost blueberry season, if you're gonna make blueberry wine, don't buy from some old warehouse, take a day and drive out to the nice country side and pack a lunch and pick your own! You know they are fresh and from your own state-- who knows what state or even what country the warehouse ones are from.
Just freeze them yourself and then use, but I used some fresh last year and they were yummy in the wine.

Latest posts

Back