Best way to transport keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basisforaday

Reaction score
I'm going to be brewing a batch to take to a party and I'm just wondering if there is an easier way to transport rather than lugging around the both the co2 tank and the keg?

The trick with the CO2 cartridges is to give them just a tiny shot at a time. You want just enough to push your beer out of the keg.

And whatever you do... DO NOT pull the trigger on the removable co2 dispenser unless it is hooked up. Otherwise you will have a loud bang and a good chance to lose an o-ring.

How full is the keg?

A half empty keg should have enough pressure to push out all of the beer. If the pressure drops let the keg warm a bit (the gas will warm a lot faster than the beer), and you should start flowing again. If you can't get every last drop, just pop the top and pour into a pitcher.

How full is the keg?

A half empty keg should have enough pressure to push out all of the beer. If the pressure drops let the keg warm a bit (the gas will warm a lot faster than the beer), and you should start flowing again. If you can't get every last drop, just pop the top and pour into a pitcher.

+1

10 char...

I wouldn't spring for the faucet. It might look nice, but they have these thing called PICNIC TAPS for a reason! ;)
I already had the facet just needed the adapter...help me justify this to myself please :cross:

Back