American "pint" glasses suck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
I just drank two half liter glasses of my recent APA, and I now realize that I hate drinking from standard American "pint" glasses.

I have a bunch of actual pint glasses from Crate & Barrel that I like a lot-- they have a cool ridge near the top of the glass and have a very British style to them-- but now I'm really enamored with this European 0.5 l glass that I got for free a year or so ago. I can pour a beer in it with a good amount of foam and still get a full half liter of beer.

I need more of these glasses.

-Steve

go check out your local thrift stores also, i've found a bunch of sweet beer glasses that way. i agree about shaker pint glasses.

yes, i am not a fan of the shaker pint glasses for beer, although i seem to have a huge collection of them. i use them for everything but beer. i like the english 20oz pint glasses for everyday beer use. got a link or a pic of the .5 liter glasses? i need some cooler glasses also.

I keep seeing Yard of Ale glasses in World Market........It's only a matter of time before I cave in and get one. I've resisted it well so far.

I bought my "English" pint glasses from them. They are fake. On the etched symbol instead of PINT it says INT, and half the crown is missing. I don't care though, it feels like a proper pint even if it's only an int. I'm enjoying a very nice int of bitter as I type this! :)

I have been a big fan of the glass bottomed pewter tankard lately.

1042WP2307La.jpg

The SA glasses are pretty. I just think though, that however thoroughly I washed them, I would not be able to remove the taste of marketing.

what glass is that?

It's a freebie Ayinger (great Oktoberfest, BTW) glass that I got for spending over $200 on beer at a really cool beer store a while back. I haven't looked for similar glasses to buy, but I just might have to do that.

-Steve

Back