The NHC First Round Results have been posted!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Placed 2 of 4 sent in the Great Lakes Region.

Cat. 9 - 9D- 3rd place 38pts
Cat. 14 - 14B - 2nd place 39pts

Placed 2 of 4 sent in the Great Lakes Region.

Cat. 9 - 9D- 3rd place 38pts
Cat. 14 - 14B - 2nd place 39pts

Congratulations! Those are two particularly tough categories, especially the IPA. Hope you do well in the final round!

So, it appears that with all of these hot shot homebrewers on the HBT, only one other entered the NHC. What's up with that? I would have expected a much better showing from you guys.

29 placings for some dude named Jamil out west.

That guy places more beers/meads, etc. than I brew batches in a year.

Jamil is amazing -- his shows on the Brewing Network have completely changed the way I brew. I can guarantee you that his recipes have been used to enter another 5-10 beers that got through to the 2nd round too.

I had a group brew with 4 other guys that was barrel aged take first in the South region in 22C. No need to rebrew since it's a year old and we have 55 gallons :)

There is a guy from Stanwood Wa that placed in several categories

we have a HBT member from Stanwood Wa,

the guy took first in 3 categories

-Jason

I was only able to send in 2 entries (need more cold storage:)) Sent in a northern english brown, and a pale ale. Took first with the brown 40.5 pts:rockin: The pale didnt place, but it did get 30.5 pts. Pretty happy with my results.

Back