NHC 2015 San Diego- roll call!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to meet up with any of my fellow HBT members for a beer at NHC. I'll be there Wed.-Monday. I'll be the guy in a brewery work shirt and bitchin' Chicago Blackhawks hat

@TobyG I emailed the contact person from the Taste of North Park, and got a very helpful response when I asked for more information:
Yeah, looks like my original email that went to the planning department got them to fix the email address. Just got similar information back from them. Looks like the ticket pick up location is right down the street from Bottlecraft.

Someone needs to make a table or wall sign that sticks out that says "Designated HBT Meetup Spot" where passers by can hang out and meet others on the forum.

Yup I've got it. I'm going to the Brewcraft and BSG parties that night. What are you doing Sunday?

I'm planning on staying low-key, maybe hanging out in Little Italy and sobering up a bit. I don't really have any plans, except to move to my new lodging at some point. We can make plans at the conference if you want- I will have a car.

can anyone attend?

I'll be in San Diego, but not at the NHC. I'll be giving a talk about Lager and presenting three historic Lagers in the Coronado brewery at 7:30 PM on Wednesday 10th June.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

can anyone attend?

I would love to- but a group of us are going together on a brewery tour bus deal all evening, and another group are going to the Brewing Network party at Broadway Pier. There is so much to do on Wednesday night that I just can't fit that in. :(

sorry yooper but i was asking patto1ro....

I would love to- but a group of us are going together on a brewery tour bus deal all evening, and another group are going to the Brewing Network party at Broadway Pier. There is so much to do on Wednesday night that I just can't fit that in. :(

Well, it looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I will be posting my ticket in the classifieds later on this evening. Last minute flight back home.

We are on for sure now! Arriving Wed and plan to attend the end of the industry Welcome Reception and then the BSG party....that will probably do us old folks in :D after travelling all day. We will be easy to spot...wearing hats and t-shirts for RGV BREW....or look for the ugly guy in this video with the gorgeous gal (not in the video :eek:). YOU TUBE - Made in McAllen
Make sure you say hi, especially if you want to hear some real southern accents :p We can make "beer" a 2 syllable word!!!

heya HBT'ers,

late to the party, but i'll be at NHC. looking forward to reconnecting with folks i met in Philly.

anyone looking for a bed at the Town & Country? i've got a room with two beds thursday and friday, so i'd be happy to take in a room-mate if you're up for splitting the cost. @Yooper will vouch that i'm almost an OK person :D PM me if interested. anywhere else on this board that i should post this offer?

Just got tickets for BNA10! Anyone else going?
yup :)

Excited for my first NHC! I'm an avid collector of "rare" beers (AKA - beers I can't get in Portland) and would love to meet up and trade at NHC. Please PM me if you would like to meet up and trade some special beers - just let me know what Oregon brews you want (at this point, de Garde might be the only thing that doesn't make it out of state - depending on where you live of course). I'm interested in 'cellar worthy' beers - imperial stouts, sours/brett beers, barley wines, etc....but am open to your recommendations as well.

PM me if you are down to trade!

~Jordan

heya HBT'ers,

late to the party, but i'll be at NHC. looking forward to reconnecting with folks i met in Philly.

anyone looking for a bed at the Town & Country? i've got a room with two beds thursday and friday, so i'd be happy to take in a room-mate if you're up for splitting the cost. @Yooper will vouch that i'm almost an OK person :D PM me if interested. anywhere else on this board that i should post this offer?

yup :)

I have an extra bed also, but unfortunately we can't share a room. Your wife and my husband would not be very understanding. :p

However, I will vouch that Sweet Cell is an almost normal person. He's one of the good guys, and a friend of mine. He'd make a great roomie.

If you're on Facebook, you could try the AHA NHC site, or on the SoperTour invite page, I think.

If I can only go to 4 SD breweries on Sunday (and I'm starting at the White Labs tasting room) what should they be?

If I can only go to 4 SD breweries on Sunday (and I'm starting at the White Labs tasting room) what should they be?

It depends on what style of beer you like but I would go to Ale Smith, Modern Times, Societe, and Ballast Point in Little Italy. Alternates would be either Stone location (the world gardens one is an awesome experience), Council, and Benchmark. The only brewery that I was disappointed by last time I went was Green Flash.

How much driving are you up for? If you're starting at WL then to stay in that area you have Mike Hess, Rough Draft, Green Flash, Alesmith, and Ballast Point. If you wanna venture out, I strongly reccomend either of the Stone Bistro's, Belching Beaver, Mother Earth is pretty fun, Bagby beer in Oceanside is great and has a killer view. But most of those require driving

Hmmm... now I have to add Mother Earth and Bagby to the Mon thru Wed itinerary. Maybe Belching Beaver too. So many breweries, so little time...

How much driving are you up for? If you're starting at WL then to stay in that area you have Mike Hess, Rough Draft, Green Flash, Alesmith, and Ballast Point. If you wanna venture out, I strongly reccomend either of the Stone Bistro's, Belching Beaver, Mother Earth is pretty fun, Bagby beer in Oceanside is great and has a killer view. But most of those require driving

I figured I would just Uber from place to place, but if there are neighborhoods with a good concentration of breweries I can probably use my time more effectively. Thanks for the tip!

Ok folks, NHC starts in 2 days. Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I'm pretty floccin excited

I figured I would just Uber from place to place, but if there are neighborhoods with a good concentration of breweries I can probably use my time more effectively. Thanks for the tip!

Basically as far as breweries are concerned in SD you have 3 major areas... North park, Mira mesa, and north county (vista/San Marcos). Uber would be expensive to north county, but you can always take the train (coaster) up to oceanside and the other train (sprinter) to vista and San Marcos. Or you can take the coaster up and I'll chauffer you around since I live up here haha.

This is a long thread... is there a meetup arranged for HBT?

I'm in Los Angeles, gonna be in SD Thursday-Sunday. Friday I'll be at the club night with Yeastside Brewers.

Volunteering at a couple seminars Friday and Saturday.

Judging on Thursday.

I don't know a whole lot of people on here but would be cool to meet some of you guys.

This is a long thread... is there a meetup arranged for HBT?

I'm in Los Angeles, gonna be in SD Thursday-Sunday. Friday I'll be at the club night with Yeastside Brewers.

Volunteering at a couple seminars Friday and Saturday.

Judging on Thursday.

I don't know a whole lot of people on here but would be cool to meet some of you guys.

Nothing is formally arranged- find me and we can work something out. I'm volunteering Friday afternoon for one thing, but otherwise I'm totally flexible. I usually find a few HBTers to have a beer with, sometimes more than a few.

Cool. It'll be big but I imagine with smartphones/websites/people everywhere and everything, it won't be hard to find people. I am making this a family trip, my wife and four kids are going too, we're staying at the Hampton on Hotel Circle, so I'll be back and forth, I hope I can enjoy both things (activities with fam and NHC)... I know I'll miss some of both, but it's the best I can do, I don't like leaving my family even for a couple days.

Cool. It'll be big but I imagine with smartphones/websites/people everywhere and everything, it won't be hard to find people. I am making this a family trip, my wife and four kids are going too, we're staying at the Hampton on Hotel Circle, so I'll be back and forth, I hope I can enjoy both things (activities with fam and NHC)... I know I'll miss some of both, but it's the best I can do, I don't like leaving my family even for a couple days.

I'm n the same boat. Between Sea World and the zoo with the wife and kids, I hope to find time for a her or two. :p

12 hours to departure...forever to arrival:D If you see a person wearing RGV BREW, that's us...all two of us :) Say hi and let's have a beer!

6 hrs til wakeup, and I'm pretty freakin excited. Doubt if I'll be able to sleep a wink tonight. It's like the floccin Catalina Wine Mixer up in here. Woohoo!!!

Back