Don't Do That.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was out of whole leaf hops to make a hop tea to add to a rye IPA at bottling time, so I added 2.5 oz of Columbus pellets to 2 cups of 200F water and allowed to steep. Made a nice batch of hop paste.

Don't do that.

Added hop pellets directly into a glass of boring bland beer to try to make it taste better. Won't do that again.

My first ever batch of beer, I was shooting for an American Pale Ale, but wound up over hopping it to the point that it wouldn't even classify as an India Pale Ale. Extremely bitter doesn't even begin to describe the flavor. Don't Do That! :smack:

Make a slight change to your bottling routine that allows you to leave the spigot in the open position while transferring from the fermenter to said bucket. Don't do that.
(Luckily only a few ounces were lost)

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet...

Stand in the path of the hot steam/water that gets trapped in the ball valve and then violently shoots about 4 or 5 feet from the nozzle...

Don't do that.

Thank the beer gods for rubber boots that day.

If rugby puzzled you then you should try cricket.

On second thoughts, don't do that

It's very straightforward ...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

You make it sound so simple...

Yup, that sums it up. Brilliant!

Many pubs used to have a poster showing the abridged version. You're in when you're not out...

Ha ha. I used to have a tea towel with that printed on it that I found at a car boot sale.

Of course I wasn't actually implying that I found either cricket or rugby confusing. One of the (possibly the only) benefits of a grammar school education is an understanding of the finer points of these sports. I recall my old games master holding up a hand missing the ends of various fingers an saying to us all " playing rugby whilst wearing rings.... Don't do that"

Ha ha. I used to have a tea towel with that printed on it that I found at a car boot sale.

Of course I wasn't actually implying that I found either cricket or rugby confusing. One of the (possibly the only) benefits of a grammar school education is an understanding of the finer points of these sports. I recall my old games master holding up a hand missing the ends of various fingers an saying to us all " playing rugby whilst wearing rings.... Don't do that"

Planning to keep both testicles intact as hooker. Don't do that.

I can still feel the pain. Why they subjected young children to that I still don't know.

The above made me think of a guy I used to work with.
Factory work, 5 head drill press...
Put a wooden slat in a jig, step on a pedal and two hydraulic stops would come down and hold the piece in place while.the drills followed and did their jobs.
I look over one day and he is staring at the stops and I can tell what hes thinking..
I tell him "Don't do it"
He sticks his left index finger in and steps on the pedal and it is followed by a crunch and scream.
Popped the tip of his finger like a grape and the nail was split right in half.
When the boss asked what happened, he explained it as an accident and said "don't do that!"

Leave the blow-off tube in the bucket of starsan while cold-crashing.

Don't do that.

Been there! Don't do you that!

It sucked up the blow off tube. But then my dumb ass pulled the tube out of the pail of starsan. The vacuum sucked everything in the tube right in. Probably between 20 to 30oz. of sanitizer. I drank it but it never really tasted right. Wonder why?

Don't try shooting movies with the camera in movie mode without pressing the movie button first!...don't do that. :smack:

I am reading this thread. I am going to post something I've done that is not really a problem but is instead a mistake I make because I haven't thought enough about what I'm doing.

Don't do that.

Never mind, wrong thread...

Oh! Oh! I got one:
Post a snarky comment in the wrong thread!
don't do that.

Reading this thread while drinking a Leinenkugel's Canoe Paddler, and laugh as you take a sip, having it come out your nose....Don't do that! :drunk:

Back