Stainless steel drums

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richievrs

Reaction score
Hi guys

I just got 3 stainless steel drums 25L
I was thinking of using them as FV or bright tank. The were used to store 2-propanol and are spotless inside I know nothing else has been stored in them. Can u guys think of other things to use them for in relation to homebrew beer. Do you think they will be safe to use

Thanks this site Rocks!!!

image-178277651.jpg

brew pots, brite tank? dont know about the pressure rating, fermenter... thats all I can think of for now... Great find!

send me one and i'll figure it out for you:D that would make a nice boil kettle or fermentor if you have some kind of temp control.

If they are stainless you can do just about anything with them. I know a guy over on homebrewfourms.net who is starting a project with 55gal drums, using them as kettle, mash tun, and spardge kettle.

I think they would be great as fermenters because they have enough headspace for a 5 gallon batch.

Thanks for your comments I think I will use as a FV and try to use one as a boil kettle with electric heating element I let you know how it goes

Back