sam adams summer ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglygoat

Reaction score
i had fifteen bucks in my pocket to go buy a few pounds of wheat malt and two row and some hops to make another wheat beer, but totally lost my motivation on the way to the lhbs... shocking i know, but i'm just not up for a brew session today, and remembering previous batches where i'd pressed on despite not being into it, i decided to just buy some wheat beer at the store and cut the grass before it rains. looks like my heffe, is gettin three weeks in primary. prolly just skip the secondary and bottle it whilst next weeks batch is inthe mash, then reuse the yeast cake.

so sam adams summer ale... not bad, as far as store bought wheats, no where near as good as paulaner's wheat, but adequate.

anyone know anything about grains of paradise? sounds like possible bull **** to me, but over all the wheat is good, though not near yeasty enough for my palate.

Do you have any idea where to acquire them (Grains of Paradise)? I make a butt-kicking honey liquor, which is like pumpkin-pie that takes half of your brain cells with it, and the original recipe calls for those grains, but I just used black and while peppercorns. Not bad, but I dig authenticity.

Back