Found extra cider ingredients..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennachi

Reaction score
100% Apple juice, 1 ya pear, 4 small granny smith apples, large handful of rasins, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, maple syrup, and dark brown sugar. I tossed the fruit, maple syrup, dark brown sugar and some apple juice in the blender. Rehydrated D47 tossed that in. Added the cinnamon stick and vanilla bean. Topped off with more apple juice to 1 gallon.

Do I need to worry about all the blended fruit on top? Should I shake every so often?

No, I reckon you shouldn't need to shake every so often. I've had a mead packed with oranges and it did fine. My theory behind it is that it is highly unlikely that the fruit on top would create anything close to an air tight seal that would prevent CO2 from coming out. And even if it did, the fruit becomes real soggy quickly and allows the CO2 to come up "through" the fruit. And since your fruit is blended... no you should not have to worry about anything like that.

Back