Beer Brewing Apps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrock74

Reaction score
Whats some of your favorite Brewing Apps for iPod, iPad, Android? Besides homebrewtalk mobile of course!

I just downloaded the iBrewmaster for iPad, it has all the recipes from Northernbrewer and many more, also let's you create recipies and lets users share recipies with other users, very good App. Also BrewR on the Android market is good, plus it's a free App where the iBrewmaster will cost you $12.99 for the HD version.

I have Beer Alchemy on my iPad. I also have it on my computer and they synch wirelessly.

I write note on the iPad when I brew and just synch the two after I am done.

I use IBrewMaster and ********. I use the phone in general for brewing. The stop watch, note pad, etc.

Definitely a second for BeerAlchemy! Great program and easily customizable to meet your brewing needs. And for those who brew often, who can be an inventory tracker

I use Brewtarget for my main brewing software, but I have also downloaded iBrewmaster for my iPad for entertaining myself on long international flights.

I have found that the calculations are a little different, but since I have Brewtarget tuned to my system, I just enter the recipes that I create in iBrewmaster into Brewtarget when I get home.

Another vote for beer alchemy. Syncing between my two computers iPad and iPhone is the killer feature that eliminates the competition for me. I don't know if the others have gotten there but when I was shopping BA was the only Mac software at would sync to my iPad and iPhone.

I like iBrewmaster, but you have to manually setup batch sparging and I don't know why it can't auto calc the volume and temps for you.

Currently I use lecturenotes for my brewing notes and a simple timer.

I'm going to have to do some digging, as what I would like would be capable of syncing across devices and also be capable of keeping track of brew session notes.

If you have a Mac beer alchemy 2 syncs between iphone and ipad and mac including notes and pictures

no built in timer though

Back