whats the difference?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XELA

Reaction score
is there a real difference between making cider from a kit or from juice?

if so what are they (in your experience)?

i was just wondering because making from the kit is loads cheaper

cheers

The better quality kits retail in the UK for over £11 for a 5 gal batch, and then you may need to add extra sugar. One of the best kits I've heard of retails at about £17 and needs no extra sugar. My last batch was pure apple juice (not from concentrate) and cost £16.79. I'm happier using straight apple juice.

what apple juice do u use?

i can only find expencive stuff

XELA said:
what apple juice do u use?

i can only find expencive stuff
Obviously apples are out of season in the UK now so the only sensible option is to get down to a supermarket for juice. Pressed apple juice (i.e. not from concentrate) in cartons is available in just about all of them - you just need to look out for it. Average price at the moment seems about 79p a Litre.
Last batch I've made (the Cider Morello in my sig) was using 'cloudy pressed apple juice' from Lidl.

oh kool, the one i last bought was bout 1.50 per litre:mad:

but it was organic

ill go to lidll in future

btw, where do you buy homebrew gear? im lookin for somewhere i can drive to instead of buyin over the internet

cheers

XELA said:
btw, where do you buy homebrew gear? im lookin for somewhere i can drive to instead of buyin over the internet
Whereabouts in Derbyshire are you roughly?

derby

its not a very big place an im willin to drivesome distance

If you were nearer the Buxton/Matlock end of Derbyshire I'd have recommended the HBS in Stockport (on the main A6 into Manchester) for equipment (but ring them first to check they have what you want). I haven't been in for at least 5 years but I know they're still going. Depends if you fancy the drive I guess.....

yea, someone else told me about that one after i posted this thread

i think that is the closest one so im goin there when i have money

also i looked on there site, they do have everythin i need an from the site it looks pretty good!

Latest posts

Back