How long in Primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dellis0709

Reaction score
I begain my first batch of belgian wit. Transfered it to my 6gal bucket and let fermint for four days now, the instructions i recieved was to switch to a carboy after the fourth day let sit for a week. Is this correct? I also tasted my beer before doing this and it almost tasted flat. My gravity was 1.030 and begining gravity before pitching yeast was 1.050 not sure if this is good or not. Just want to make sure im on the right path.

I begain my first batch of belgian wit. Transfered it to my 6gal bucket and let fermint for four days now, the instructions i recieved was to switch to a carboy after the fourth day let sit for a week. Is this correct? I also tasted my beer before doing this and it almost tasted flat. My gravity was 1.030 and begining gravity before pitching yeast was 1.050 not sure if this is good or not. Just want to make sure im on the right path.

Welcome to hbt, you should let that wit stay in the fermenter longer. Anywhere from an additional 5-10 days.

Good work using the hydro, get that sucker lower before moving the beer. Often anything below 1.020 should not be fiddled with until later.

Best thing you can do for yourself right now is read all you can, starting with john palmer's howtobrew.

And go to larry's in kent. Great home brew shop!

I had pretty much the same instructions that came with my kit. It's hard not to follow what it says, but these guys know what thier talking about. I would listen to them. So far I've had good luck.

Many here don't do the two stage method, but I like to do it just to clarify my beer a bit more. The people that try my beer seem to think it should not have the "stuff" on the bottom. Whenever I can, I make sure I pour the beer in a glass and don't let them see the bottom of the bottle. Then of course, everything is fine :D

Back