Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really would love to build a cool brew sculpture for the Cypress Tiger.

I don't mind spending the money, but all that tech stuff is way over my head.

Looking at all the commercially available units, and watching the buillds on here with interest.

I looked real hard at the Brew Magic. In fact, I was ready to pull the trigger on one when we decided to take the plunge and build the cookshack.
I am still considering the Brew Magic, but also thinking of a Brutus type setup maybe with Blickmanns for added bling.
Lots to consider for sure.

Layne, that's a very valid point. I am waiting on 3 Blichmanns myself and am having a Brutus 10 built from stainless. Mine is set up for Natural gas. I ordered 10 gallon Blichmanns as I am getting tired of hoisting and cleaning the 15.5 forty pound "keggles" and I love brewing so much it affords me the pleasure of brewing twice as much!

I really do like the Blichmanns.
I also like the Brewtus setup. In stainless of course, to match the brewpub.

I also am interested in fermenting in the kettle like Lonnie does.
Do any of you guys do this?

wtf dude... you seriously must have money like overflowing out of your swiss bank account or some ****!

Totally awesome.
Totally overkill.

Way to go! :)

Money must go farther depending at which part of the country one lives.
In my area land's sold by the sq/ft not acre and yes I dream about taking the
neighbors house and knock it down, build a shop with a 8 car garage and brew shed on this land. Only a wishful dream the city would not approve this idea besides the cost of the property alone.

HA! Land in NJ certainly is a premium! I grew upstate NY where there was no such thing as a code enforcer... no such thing as not enough land to build "x". Everyone had 1+ acres at the absolute minimum. We had 1.5acres with a pond...and I lived "in town".

Not much progress since the last pics.
The inside is done, minus the SS hood and vent, and the brewstand.
The outside is getting siding next week, and then will be done.

We have been using this room for b-day partys,superbown party, brewing, and anything you can think of. We have really been enjoying it. More than I ever imagined.
Will get my buddy to take some good pics in a week or two when completely done. No more cell phone pics :)

Our brew club, The Redstick Brewmasters came down to the Cypress Tiger Tavern for thier annual brewoff and crawfish boil.
It was a grate turnout, and a good time was had by all.

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Layne,
Thanks for posting more pictures. I am insanely jealous…but I am also working on the wife to build something like that, on a MUCH smaller scale, next to our pool. Showing her your pictures is helping with the process. ;)

What a great place you have there.

It was a great time. Layne had a sweet De Koninck Clone on tap, the club had 5 or 6 on tap and I had a Hoppy Brown hitching a ride in Layne's keggerator.
The Cypress Tiger Tavern was the perfect setting for this event.
And the Crawfish were délicieux!

That's Layne on the far left.
IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_16581.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

Finally, the vent system is coming together. Then well be complete.....until I add something else .....cold room maybe.
801b4dea.jpg

One more. the slots around the outside are for fresh air. The smoke, grease, steam, ect willbe sucked out the middle.
d71ed742.jpg

All thats left is to build my brew stand/system, and maybe a cold room.
We are ENJOYING it every step along the way.

Back