Don't you just love brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhCrap

Reaction score
I had decided in monday to brew today, after I give guitar lessons to beginners. Anyways it turned out my wife was bringing our 2 boys to her sisters for the day. I arrive home with a headache and realise that I have a vvvv quiet house. Gather all the ingredients for an American dark lager and head to the garage. iPod on, water bubbling & beer in hand. Bliss you'd think but alas no, no 4 yr old brew buddy keeping watch for mommy dde03. He usually helps hand me stuff (hops, grain & beer if coursedde1c) So in his absence I named the beer 'The Devils Sidekick'.
OG 1050, saflager yeast @13c and a long wait to taste this beautiful looking nectar..

Sorry for the mindless rambling but you know how it is.
Cya
Glenn

Brew day is just one of those things that just seems to make everything alright! The whole day can be sour but you'll at least have a couple hours of bliss by the ol' brew kettle.
I know what you mean about the helper too. I don't think I could brew a batch without my gf here to help me along....she has me sorta spoiled :)

Brew day is a great day. Even when you're hungover, the sweet smell of wort in the kettle makes it better. The only problem is when your digital scale battery goes out and you have to estimate your hop additions (yes, that just happened to me). Oh well, it'll still be beer!

Cheers to everyone on National Homebrew Day! :mug:

Back