Food Saver Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoiv

Reaction score
For those of you who use a food saver. How big of a bag can you seal? I was thinking of measuring out my grains for a couple of my staple brews in advance and sealing them up for future use. Then I could just open them up, crush and brew. I do 10 gallon batches so each recipe is usually around 20 pounds of grain. Do they sell the resealable bags big enough to do this?

TIA

jdoiv said:
For those of you who use a food saver. How big of a bag can you seal? I was thinking of measuring out my grains for a couple of my staple brews in advance and sealing them up for future use. Then I could just open them up, crush and brew. I do 10 gallon batches so each recipe is usually around 20 pounds of grain. Do they sell the resealable bags big enough to do this?

TIA
Yeah, you would just get the rolls of bags and you can make whatever size you want.

Dan

Yeah, theoretically you could take the entire 12" roll, seal one end, and fill it with grain. It'd probably take the Foodsaver 15 minutes to pull all the air out of something that big, but it can be done.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll check them out on my next trip to Costco. I need to pick up some Apfelwine supplies. I could see myself measuring out several batches at a time. Would make brewdays much easier to just grab and go.

Back