Fort Walton Beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, the redneck riviera. I thought the place was somewhat of a beer wasteland honestly, though I didn't make it to McGuire's. Great beaches and fishing though!

I have been to McGuire's a couple times. It isn't far from Ft. Walton. It has pretty decent beer and excellent food. The brewers are very nice people. They actually told me next time I am in Destin if a call a couples days ahead of time I can help them brew a batch and they would give me some yeast if I brought a suitable container to store it in. Funny part is at that point I was still under 21 but no one would have thought because of my knowledge of brewing and beer.

What about Homebrew Shops? Any in the area? I will be moving to the area this summer and need to do a recon of whats available.

No idea about home brew shops but as I said in the earlier post the brewers at McQuires seem cool and offered me yeast as a stranger just inquiring about the brewery. I'd get to know them and you could have a steady supply of free yeast and who knows what else if you make friends with them.

What about Homebrew Shops? Any in the area? I will be moving to the area this summer and need to do a recon of whats available.

is this thread still alive? i noticed a new brew pub down by the brooks bridge. anyone had a chance to go in there? forgot the name of it ugh

I haven't found any good brew pubs but I've always been pleased with brew selection at Chan's wine world.

Come to Pensacola for Hopjacks, world of beer, and others!

Was recently on Santa Rosa beach and hit up a spot called the Hurricane Bar.

$5 draft pints of Two Hearted and $5 dozen Oysters on the halfshell (choice of Russian, Japanese, Southern, and Mexican styles).

Even if you have to drive, could it get any better than that?

Props is the brewpub over by the bridge. As far as home brewing, I've yet to find anything. This place is a beer waste land.

I know this is an old thread but, they just opened a home brew supply store in FWB called Hop Heads. Haven't been there yet but, it's nice to know I can get stuff right away instead of ordering online. Just thought I'd share.

I've been there a few times. They're good, and nice people. Some items are double then on the line, but great in a pinch.

Some items are more but, if you factor in not paying for shipping and having it that day I think it works out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Home Brew mobile app

Back