going from single body to multiple?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could buy a new regulator assembly with 2 regs on it already or (i am guessing) that you could removed the guage reading the tank pressure and install another regulator in that and use the old tank guage at the end of the new regulator. The only thing i'm not sure about is the exact name for the brass piece that would connect the new regulator to the old guage port and if there is any legal or safety reason not to do this yourself. You may want to check and see if

1) it is legal or safe to do this yourself because you are modifying something that has been built and approved for use.

2) if it is cheaper to just buy a reg set up with two regulators. I think they go for 100 bucks or so.

-Dustin

can't i just get a secondary regulator?

Yes, but you will still need the other hardware. The link above was an all in one kit. It comes with the secondary reg, the connecting hardware, gauge, and check valve.

But you can find it all separately, especially if you can find a cheap secondary reg then it will be cheaper. Check this site out, I have never ordered from them so I cannot vouch for their service, but others have ordered form them with no problems. http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=92&sort=20a&page=2

:mug:

Yes, but you will still need the other hardware. The link above was an all in one kit. It comes with the secondary reg, the connecting hardware, gauge, and check valve.

But you can find it all separately, especially if you can find a cheap secondary reg then it will be cheaper. Check this site out, I have never ordered from them so I cannot vouch for their service, but others have ordered form them with no problems. http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=92&sort=20a&page=2

:mug:

At the very bottom of that page are Taprite secondary regs for $20 each. If you get one of those you will probably want to get a new low pressure 0-30 or 0-60 PSI gauge to put on it and a Checkvalve.

You can get one secondary reg and plumb it like this:

Pri output ---> Sec Input. Out of the OUTPUT of the secondary, you run to one distro, out of the sec PASSTHROUGH you run to another distro.

--P--->S---->distro 1 (will be at whatever you have your Pri set at)
..........L----> distro 2 (will be at sec pressure)

Set your highest pressure on your Primary.
Set your lower pressure on your primary.

Wallah. two different serving pressures. Keep adding secondaries and you can have as many different pressures as you want.

Back