How tell temp in mini-fridge kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qposner

Reaction score
I purchased the 5 cf Oster off of CL today and ordered my parts from Kegconnection (great guys who answered tons of questions, BTW). Anyhow, the temp gauge is 1-7 and I do not know which setting will get the fridge to a particular temperature. Since I assume I want to be right about 34 degrees, should I just buy a plain old thermometer and let it sit in a cup of water until I get things stable temp wise?

Thanks!

34 degrees is awfully cold to be serving most beers at. I'd serve between 45 and 50 degrees for most styles. Using a thermometer in a glass of water in the back of the fridge is a good idea to figure out what temp the different settings correspond to.

I have a bunch of those cheap wireless indoor outdoor thermometers. I have the remotes everywhere and I monitor my ferment, brewewery and fridge temps from my kitchen.

Back