Lyle's Golden Syrup- Percent Yield

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menschmaschine

Reaction score
Brewing the ol' Hen tomorrow from Orfy's recipe. I'm trying to adjust it in Promash for my efficiency and batch size. I was fortunate enough to stumble across a UK Goods store nearby that only does internet sales, but they were good enough to hand me a couple tins of Lyle's Golden Syrup. Promash doesn't have Golden Syrup as one of the sugar selections. Does anyone know it's percent yield? I assume this means what percent of it is fermentable? I initially thought it would be 100%, but Promash shows demerara sugar as 89.81% and various yields for other sugars/syrups that aren't 100%. Thanks!

menschmaschine said:
Brewing the ol' Hen tomorrow from Orfy's recipe. I'm trying to adjust it in Promash for my efficiency and batch size. I was fortunate enough to stumble across a UK Goods store nearby that only does internet sales, but they were good enough to hand me a couple tins of Lyle's Golden Syrup. Promash doesn't have Golden Syrup as one of the sugar selections. Does anyone know it's percent yield? I assume this means what percent of it is fermentable? I initially thought it would be 100%, but Promash shows demerara sugar as 89.81% and various yields for other sugars/syrups that aren't 100%. Thanks!
Does promash have "Invert Sugar" listed? That's all it is.

Beersmith shows it as 100% at a potential of 1.046.

BierMuncher said:
Does promash have "Invert Sugar" listed? That's all it is.

Beersmith shows it as 100% at a potential of 1.046.

No invert sugar in Promash. They really need to update their ingredient lists! Lyle's states on the tin that it's "partially inverted", FWIW.

Thanks BierMuncher... except... that ale being served in a pilsner glass, what's up with that?... you're as bad as those pubs that serve lagers in pint glasses!:D

menschmaschine said:
Thanks BierMuncher... except... that ale being served in a pilsner glass, what's up with that?... you're as bad as those pubs that serve lagers in pint glasses!:D
Trust me...after I polished that off, I had it filled with four different varieties before the end of the evening.

Gotta use the same glass so SWMBO doesn't start keeping track... ;)

BierMuncher said:
Trust me...after I polished that off, I had it filled with four different varieties before the end of the evening.

Gotta use the same glass so SWMBO doesn't start keeping track... ;)

Ahh, I understand. IxNay the other AssGlay ;)

Back