Recipe for a Dunkelweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jamil's Dunkelweizen

OG = 1.051
FG = 1.013
IBU = 15
SRM = 15
ABV = 5.1
Pre-Boil Vol = 5.9 Gal
Final Vol = 5 Gal

4.4 lbs Wheat LME
2.2 lbs Weyermann Munich Amber LME

8.8 oz Briess CaraMunich Malt (or similar)
2.6 oz Wetermann Carafa Speciall II

3.12 AAU Hallertau pellets 60 Min

Wyeast 3068 or White Labs WLP300

Steep grains in 0.5 gal 30 mins at roughly 170*. Add enough water and malt extract to the liquor to get pre-boil volume of 5.9 gal and SG of 1.043. Boil 60 mins, cool to 62*, pitch. Ferment at 62*. Target carbonation is 2.5 - 3 volumes

I have a question about the grains in the above recipe. I'd like to order from Brewmasters Warehouse, but can't find the specialty grains as they're called above.

Is Briess CaraMunich Malt (or similar) the same as "Caramel Munich"? Or would I go with one of the Weyerman Cara Munich I, II, or III malts?

And is Wetermann Carafa Speciall II the same as "Weyerman De-husked Carafa II"?

Its my fourth brew and want to make sure I get the right specialty grains.

Thanks!

6lbs wheat malt
4lbs munich
.25 lbs chocolate
1 oz hallertauer @60
.25 oz hallertauer @15
Wyeast 3068 or White Labs equivalent (a must, no matter what the ingredients are)
Hey guys,

I plan on using this as my base recipe for a Peanut Butter Banana beer. Before I brew it, I was just wondering if you had any alterations to the recipe which you'd suggest in order to let the peanut butter and banana stand out more.

Thanks!

Hey McBrewski, stumbled across this thread and saw you were going for a touch of peanut butter with this brew - did you manage to pull that off?

Back