15 Gallon fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdcmast

Reaction score
Those are exactly what I use for fermenter. I get them for free from my local homebrew shop. Its what they store LME in. Great thing about those is I use one cap for a blowoff and another for a spigot. When fermentation is complete I just tip it on its side and open the spigot.

Those are exactly what I use for fermenter. I get them for free from my local homebrew shop. Its what they store LME in. Great thing about those is I use one cap for a blowoff and another for a spigot. When fermentation is complete I just tip it on its side and open the spigot.

Me too. I use it for 10 gallon batches, no blowoff needed.

10GallonFermenter.jpg

10GallonFermenterRacking.jpg

I would not buy the eBay ones since they were filled with chemicals though.

You can buy them new here.

Delex 15 Gallon Closed Top Container - US Plastic Corporation

WLP400 laughs at this. I have the same fermenter, and I put 10 gallons on top of a WLP400 cake yesterday. I came home tonight to a clogged airlock (krausen shower #1). I swapped the airlock for a blow off tube and checked it 5 minutes ago - it was also clogged (krausen shower #2), so I swapped for a larger ID. When SWMBO went to bed, she asked, "Why do you smell like yeast?"

WLP400 is the apfelwein of yeast, running with scissors inside my fermenter.

Wow! I used WLP565 on that batch and you can see the kreusen line and how much space I had to go.
Yeah, I was more impressed than anything else. I was convinced I had plenty of space, but the yeasties had a different idea. There's nothing better that a violent fermentation. :rockin: (though I better check it again before I go to bed)

So, how do you clean these? Just some hot water and PBW or Oxyclean and shake the heck out of it? I am thinking of maybe .. replacing a conical with some different fermenters and I really like the size and portablity of these.

Mike

Thanks for the link Edwort. I couldn't find these on their web page a few days ago. Just ordered 2. Freight was only $10.30. Any problems getting them clean through such a small whole?

Awsome!!!. I'm glad I found this.. I've been wanting to make 10 Gallon batches, I'm going to email my LHBS right now and see if he has any.

Is there anything else on their website that is like this but geared for 5 gallon batches? I looked but didn't see this same thing just smaller.

Wow this is perfect. I'd prefer buying this than another 6.5 gallon carboy and splitting the batch...

anyone have close up pictures of the top and their connections? I'm certainly going to be in on this.

I assume cleaning is just fill it, shake it, and empty it?

I would not buy the eBay ones since they were filled with chemicals though.

EdWort...I know it has been a while since you posted on this thread, but do you have any lightstrike issues with the translucent fermenter?

Do you still use them?

Oxyclean soak to clean...no scrubbing?

Temp control?

Thanks in advance...I hope you see this question or I might just PM you.

Back