Haven't been to Park City, Utah in about 3 years....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
And I can't for the life of me remember where the good spots to drink and pay that stupid membership fee. Anyone know any good spots off the top of their head?

SWMBO and I are staying on Main Street, directly across from the town lift....so short walking distance in the cold for her will be a plus. I know there was a neat bar literally 12 feet from our door, but don't remember where else we drank.

and go!

Wasatch brewpub at the top of Main Street. I should know, I used to live there! :D

In Park City, I mean. Not the brewpub. Although I would have liked to.

Pick up some Polygamy Porter while you're there!

AFAIK, that membership fee seems to be going out. I skied in Utah last year (stayed in SLC and took a bus up little/big cottonwood canyons to ski) and bought beers at the mountain, at restaurants, and at a brew pub called Hoppers (including growlers) which was about 50 yds from my hotel (on purpose!) without ever paying a membership.

Good to hear Wasatch Brewery is there....all the way at the top of Main St.

This is all what I remember being told when I was there a few years ago... I could be misinformed...

The 'clubs' there are private establishments where you have to be a 'member' to buy alcohol / get in... You have to have a 'sponsor' and pay a membership fee before you can buy drinks... Something to do with the Mormon church 'laws'... Of course with any other type of system like that, there are ways to 'legally' get around it...

This is all what I remember being told when I was there a few years ago... I could be misinformed...

The 'clubs' there are private establishments where you have to be a 'member' to buy alcohol / get in... You have to have a 'sponsor' and pay a membership fee before you can buy drinks... Something to do with the Mormon church 'laws'... Of course with any other type of system like that, there are ways to 'legally' get around it...

Yeah when I was there in 2000 there were guys just sitting inside the door at these clubs; they would sponsor you if you bought them a drink. These guys would basically drink all night for free sponsoring out-of-towners.

The "membership fee" was basically the equivalent of cover charge, no more than 5 bucks or so.

Don't forget Claimjumper.

Not the chain Claimjumper, the real one. It's a steak house, the entire menu is on a wine bottle.

Get the baseball steak, it's awesome.

Hell yea Texas Red's and Claimjumper! I was excited the first time I saw a Claimjumper out of Utah. At first. Then disappointed.

Ahhh the memories. I was back there just a few years ago (2006?) and amazed at how much it'd changed. Why, the bottom of Main Street used to be where Heber Ave met up with Park Ave in front of the Kimball Junction Art Center. Now it goes all the way through and empties out onto Deer Valley Dr. I remember back in the day that section of Main St was a vacant lot and me and my ne'er-do-well friends would chill out in the car and smo... er help little old ladies across the street.

I love Texas Reds, I'm sure it's still there. The last membership fee I paid was $1....so lame

Back