Who here is part of the AHA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a family membership and it recently got us invited to Boston Beer Company for sampling, bbq, and we each got a free glass. That one event paid for our membership.
:ban:

I'm a member because I believe in supporting an organization dedicated to promoting my interests. I belong to other organizations for the same reasons. One person doesn't have much clout - political or otherwise, but a large organization gets results.

I'm a member- the discount card is nice, but having the power of an organization behind you protecting your interests in homebrewing is really the reason to join up. :mug:

I like Zymrgy and enjoyed the national conference. There aren't any discounts or participating pubs in my area, so I haven't used those benefits.

As the others said, though, I like being a part of a national organization looking out for our interests. They've been working on education/helping to change legislation for those states where homebrewing is still illegal (Alabama especially).

I am, I am! Pretty decent benefits if you live in an area that has a lot of pubs that participate in their discount program. And a subscription to Zymurgy. Other than that I don't use it for much else.

I am a member as well. You have to be an AHA member to get into the NHC, and you also get a 10% discount at participating restaurants and brewpubs.

I am a member too. Mostly just to support HomeBrewing but, the magazine is nice, the discounts are cool too when you can use them. Aside from that, if you time your renewal right you can get some other free gear. Last renewal was a Allagash chalice.

I am a member as well. You have to be an AHA member to get into the NHC, and you also get a 10% discount at participating restaurants and brewpubs.

You technically don't have to be a member to get into NHC, but the price difference is such that you'd be an idiot not to sign up just to get the member price.

Member here too.

Get's me $2 pints all day, every day at Uncle Billy's Brew & Que. That's worth membership in itself. :D

Mine gets me 10% off at Ballast Point which is also my LHBS. The 10% there has WAY more than made up for it with the amount I brew. There are other places around that also give discounts. I also appreciate the magazine and I like to support the organization.

That said, mine ran out last week. I need to renew.

I'm a member. There's no place locally that offers an AHA discount, but I wanted the magazine, and I plan to take advantage of the pub discounts whenever I can when I travel.

Also, the law may be read such that it may not *technically* be legal to brew in Kentucky. I want to see what can be done to get that fixed.

Im not a member but as of tomorrow I will be. They are sponsering something a Iron Hill, a small brew pub chain around me, and membership is required to get it but if you but the membership there you get like 5 bucks off. Plus I get zymurgy and just found out that the pub about a mile from me that I go to atleast a few times a week gives a discount and so does my LHBS.... my membership will pay for itself in a month!

Aight i think i am going to join because i want to go to NHC and do the conest and all theat stuff. And i like zymurgy...and its always nice to be apart of a group that shares the same interests as you

Just renewed, so this will be my second year. I can say that the discount for the NHC competition and food discounts at the BJ's Brewery restaurants alone paid for my membership.

Back