More Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbob

Reaction score
I realize that I could search for the answers on this but while I search I figured I'd post. While I have lost a good blonde ale, tasted oxidized, I do have a beer that is ready to go into the keg. I'm trying to get something for a party tonight, would it be worth kegging this beer? Would I be able to get it carbonated by tonight? And if so how would I do it? Thank you all for you're help on the last post.

Do a search for force carbing. I say this because there are many ways to do it based on personal opinions.

Yes, it can be done.

But....From what little experience I have over the past few months of carbing, you need to have that keg of beer REALLY cold to be able to force carb it, and instantly turn around and drink it right after.....like 35-40f. If the beer is not that cold, you'll likely have some difficulty keeping the bubbles trapped, and will have tons of head, and little to no carbed beer. It's got to be cold.

As cold as you can get it, Then shake it on its side for a 5-7 minutes at 40psi. This worked great for a few of my beers. Then just wait a few hours to drink it. Oh and remember to turn the pressure down before you serve it. I only made that mistake once!!

Shake cold beer at high pressure till your arms feel like they are going to fall off, then shake some more. Rest, drop pressure, purge multiple times, and stand bsck while you pour!:D

I don't think you'll get 5 gallons properly cooled and carb'd by tonite. If you'd started yesterday, it would've been more doable.

I don't think you'll get 5 gallons properly cooled and carb'd by tonite. If you'd started yesterday, it would've been more doable.

I agree. So I've kegged and it's cooling. I am however worried about this batch. I've dumpped a batch that was awful and after tasting this batch I'm might be loosing another, because it's showing the same signs as the other.

But will it be cold (which I know is a relative term)? I have no doubt that it can be carbonated but it does take a while to get the 5 gallons chilled to a 40-45F if your serving at that temp

Back