cherry juice wine recipe???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honda88

Reaction score
anyone have a recipe for cherry wine using 100% juice from the grocery store???

I have yet to make any cherry wine but have read into a lot of it. hopefully someone can chime in on personal experience. Most cherry wines that have good reviews all seem to be pretty similar in the recipe. Here is a common 5 gal recipe using Tart Cherry concentrate like "Fruit Fast Montmorency tart Cherry concentrate" or "Dynamic Health Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate"

5 gallon

2.5 quart or 80oz of Tart Cherry concentrate
Water to 5 gallons
Sugar to a gravity of 1.085
2tsp of pectic enzyme
1tsp of Tannin or 25 - 35 raisins
2tsp of acid blend
4tsp of yeast nutrients
Lalvin D47 Yeast or Redstar Montrachet Yeast

Stabalize and back sweeten to a gravity of 1.015

Good luck!

I've only made one- and it turned out pretty good after YEARS of aging. For the first three years or so, it tasted like cough syrup. It might be better as a semi-sweet wine, instead of dry, to cover some of the cough syrup flavor.

Do u need to add tanning etc ??? Wut if i follow any recipe abd remove things like that and only use sugar , yeast etc ?

i would be down with the cough syrup flavor for sure, that is actually what i was aiming for, i have access to cherry juice, not concentrate so i dont know what to do for the recipe, does anyone have a recipe for juice not concentrate?

i would be down with the cough syrup flavor for sure, that is actually what i was aiming for, i have access to cherry juice, not concentrate so i dont know what to do for the recipe, does anyone have a recipe for juice not concentrate?

You can just make it like the concentrate recipe. Don't dilute with water, though. Well, you would use some water, to dissolve the sugar, but not nearly as much as with the concentrate.

Shoot for an OG of 1.085-1.100.

Well, you would use some water, to dissolve the sugar, but not nearly as much as with the concentrate.

Shoot for an OG of 1.085-1.100.

Why can't you disolve the sugar with the juice? Thats what I did with my White grape peach wine.

You can also take the juice and concentrate it yourself. Just put a half gallon on the stove and on a low heat reduce it to half its volume. Do that multiple times untill you have your total volume of the reduced juice. I have started doing that with my mint extracts and it works well to concentrate the flavor.

Why can't you disolve the sugar with the juice? Thats what I did with my White grape peach wine.

You can also take the juice and concentrate it yourself. Just put a half gallon on the stove and on a low heat reduce it to half its volume. Do that multiple times untill you have your total volume of the reduced juice. I have started doing that with my mint extracts and it works well to concentrate the flavor.

I never heat juice, as then it sets the pectin and doesn't clear well (think jelly). So I dissolve the sugar in some boiling water, and then mix it up.

Also, many types of juice I use are very acidic (like chokecherry) and need to be diluted a bit to make them drinkable. So the water helps with that as well.

yea i do the same thing as yooper, pour the juice in the bucket, heat water mix in sugar, let cool a bit and dump in.

Back