two grommets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlatenight

Reaction score
I'm getting ready for my first cook tomorrow and I noticed the used "ale pail" fermenter has two grommet holes in the lid. I can't think why there would be two...two airlocks? airlock and a blow-off?

reminds me of those folgers commercials.

Hey another question: when it comes time to rack to my secondary, how am I supposed to rack and not suck up tons of trub if I can't see through the bucket? I think I'm going glass for my primary next time. btw, I have a 6gal glass carboy for my secondary.

jlatenight said:
reminds me of those folgers commercials.

Hey another question: when it comes time to rack to my secondary, how am I supposed to rack and not suck up tons of trub if I can't see through the bucket? I think I'm going glass for my primary next time. btw, I have a 6gal glass carboy for my secondary.

Keep siphon near top or at least off the bottom. Don't move or agitate primary immediately before racking. Leave some liquid and trub in the fv.

Back