Wort Processors Logo Contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumo

Reaction score
Hello,

My brew club The Boston Wort Proccessors is having a logo contest. Our current logo is 25 years old and we need a new one. The prize is a 150 dollar gift certificate to a brew shop (local or online) of your choice. If you are new to brewing we will buy you a begginers kit and a beer kit of your choosing.

http://www.wort.org/logocontest

If not you can ask questions here and i will answer them the best i can. Contest ends end of February. This contest is open to anyone who wants to particiapte. If its a person who is under age we will provide a gift certificate of a $150 to the store of mall of their choosing.

Good Luck!

-Sumo

I see why you need a new logo. Is that a carboy sitting on a commodore 64?:D

I see why you need a new logo. Is that a carboy sitting on a commodore 64?:D

Amen to that. I'm not even sure its supposed to be a commodore 64 as opposed to a word processor.
Anyway, I'm tempted to just steal your avatar and use that as a logo.

Ouch.. Its a word processor. Our group started at M.I.T. back in the day of FORTRAN and the punch card.

We need help lol !:rolleyes:

For any Massachusetts brewers, there will be official signup sheets at Jasper's in Nashua, NH, Strange Brew in Marlboro, and NFG in Leominster.

Does the logo need to be a vector image? I was thinking of doing a 3d logo, which I could render out hi-res, but it wouldn't be vector.

According to the link above, it needs to be a vector, and kept to a 2 to 3-color palette

http://wiki.wort.org/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/LogoContest said:
Please submit your logo design as a Vector Graphic (.EPS). We suggest keeping the color palate simple (2-3 colors are preferred).

Amen to that. I'm not even sure its supposed to be a commodore 64 as opposed to a word processor.
Anyway, I'm tempted to just steal your avatar and use that as a logo.

Feel free to use it, I will even settle for a $75 gift certificate! Change your name to "The lip smacking good wort processors". :mug:

A 3-D logo probably would be weird on t-shirts etc.
Ultimately we want to put this onto shwag. So thats why we want a vector image and to keep the color palette simple. Most shops only handle 4-6 colors without lots of extra charges. So I would keep it to 4 colors. Additionally, any really fine detail will just be lost, so its good to skip over that. And, I guess like any good logo, simple goes a long way.
If you have mad artistic skills but can not send us a vector image for some reason, we would consider .jpg gif etc.

I work for a graphic design firm here, I create 3d imagery for logos/tshirts/mugs/you name it. I wasn't aware of the file-types you would be able to handle, which was why I asked about the eps. Sorry I probably didn't word my question appropriately. Anyway, question answered nonetheless. Thanks :)

Sweet. I'll have to dust off Illustrator. What application should this be geared toward? I'm assuming screen printing so you can do t-shirts etc?

I've never used it but you might want to take a look at http://99designs.com/

You describe what you are looking for and how much you are willing to pay, then a number of freelance artists create designs for you. You select the one you like best and that artist receives the prize.

I was gonna submit this to the contest, but decided to just post it here. If they take it cool..if someone else takes it makes it better and submits it, cool. I hereby release any possible copyrights for this image.

WP2-post1.jpg

I was gonna submit this to the contest, but decided to just post it here. If they take it cool..if someone else takes it makes it better and submits it, cool. I hereby release any possible copyrights for this image.

WP2-post1.jpg

You should submit it to the contest. I like it.

If you like it, please take it. Let me know if you use it so I can throw it on my resume..."designed digital logo for Boston's oldest homebrew association"

Wish i would have seen this earlier. is the contest over?

*edit* I see it's Mar 15.. cool

Submitting my subpar attempt, But can't let a $150 gift certificate go by un-attempted!

*Submitted*

Wish i would have seen this earlier. is the contest over?

*edit* I see it's Mar 15.. cool

Submitting my subpar attempt, But can't let a $150 gift certificate go by un-attempted!

*Submitted*

All submissions encouraged. Remember the simpler the better for a logo. SO don't waste your time with complex detail.

One more FYI. We aren't married to a computer related design. I mean, I'm never gonna get another girlfriend if I'm doubly geeked out by belonging to a beer club that has a fetish for computers.

I submitted two entries, but only got one confirmation e-mail. Guessing it was intended for both even though it said "your entry" (singular) - I suspect the wording was a standardized response.

Was fun working on this, learned a lot (better know my way around Inkscape now) doing it. :)

I completely forgot to do this. I started one one but never finished it, then got busy with 100 other things.

The judges are going through the entries as we speak... I'll be sure to post back once a winner has been announced!!

Back