I want to join my local homebrew club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCarnie

Reaction score
The upstate brewtopians, but I serve tables for a living and work a double shift every Saturday(when their meetings are held.) it kind of bums me out. I'm looking for friends to brew with, and made 2 homebrewers out of 2 friends. But I want to be able to learn more from friends, it seems like I am the brew guru for my circle, but I still have a lot to learn. What to do, what to do?

My club has a mentoring program to teach newbies to brew. In addition to our group brew days and various other events, we are happy to get together with newbies on their schedule and walk them through a brew day.

It looks like the Upstate Brewtopians have a great website with a forum board. I would ask them on the forum board if they can help you get started. They will have someone who has a similar schedule to you that can help. Homebrewers are nicer than most people :mug:

Don't know much about that club but the club I am a member of has a regular monthly meeting on the same night every month, but also a monthly "Tech Session" a different day of the month. This helps in that if you cannot make it to one meeting, you may be able to make the other meeting. The regular meeting is a bit more social with general reminders of what is happening in the club, upcomming competitions, etc., whereas the tech sessions are more based around a specific brewing related topic, but at both meetings you get to sample home brew, talk to people about problems/concerns/questions that you may have, and generally make friends.

In addition to the 2 meetings, they also hold the occational formal group brew and monthly social nights (where you can go hang out at a bar or tap house with other members and sample craft beer). I have also heard various members volunteer to help out the newer brewers by inviting them over to brew with them as their schedule allowed.

I would contact the club you are thinking about joining and explain the situation. I am sure there will be members of the club that would be glad to help you out and brew with you, even if you cannot make it to the monthly meetings.

Back