Cheapest source for a 7-10 gallon pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
instawares.com always had good prices, I bought some SS pots from Austin Homebrew a while back. They're pretty thin, but should work just fine.

Walmart. 32QT (8gal) Aluminum pot is $23.99 all day, every day. I put something like 30+ batches through one before moving up to a keggle.

I have a thin, cheap Proctor-Silex 30 qt. SS pot I bought to do extracts when I started. It was $40 on sale from Cooking.com. I'm still using it to do full 6.5 gal. all grain boils. It works just fine.

Do you do the 6.5 gallon boil on a stove pot. Just curious don't mean to thread jack.

See if you can find a used restaurant equipment shop or a scrap metal dealer. Lots of time they'll have used pots really cheap.

I paid 45 shipped for a 10 gallon aluminum pot... Winware on amazon

I have both a 15 and 20 gallon version of these. The 20 was less than 100 shipped from amazon. The 15 I got at a local restaurant supply store. Aluminum is also very
Easy to drill.

I've also got the winware 40 qt from amazon. I got it for less than $40 shipped, and I can already see that in the future it will be a good HLT.

I got their 15 gallon, 2 port version. I brewed my first all grain batch this weekend and I love it. I used it to filter my mash as my bazooka screen didn't fit my old pot. I had a small boil over because I didn't take the lid off when the boil started but other than that I didn't have to worry about any hop induced boil overs. The value on these things are amazing. I'm planning on buying the 9 gallon version next to use as a mash tun. Now if only they made a 3 port version so I could add a sight glass.

Back